It’s week four of Lithuania’s marathon Eurovizija 2016 selection. And a sense of finality is beginning to set in. Tonight, we’ll see the first of two quarterfinals. Ten acts will perform, but only eight will continue to the next stage.
For the past fortnight, we’ve been asking y’all to vote for your favourites in our poll. After counting 750 votes, we can now reveal the singers you want to see in the semifinal. And there’s one man who’s way out in front. Topping the poll in a landslide of 258 votes or 34.4% of all votes cast, Donny Montell with “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” is clearly the people’s choice. Who cares about the quarterfinal, at this point it looks like the Lithuanian ticket to Stockholm is Donny’s to lose.
Reaction to Donny Montell
Donny Montell “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night”
Finishing a distant second, we have Erica Jennings and “Leading Me Home”. The Eurovision 2001 singer received 98 votes or 13.07% of all votes cast. It’s a long way off Donny’s point haul, but we expect to see the Irish-born singer in the semis and probably the final.
Erica Jennings “Leading Me Home”
Rounding out your top three is Petunija with “Tomorrow”. Her avant garde entry failed to impress the Wiwi Jury, but nonetheless she managed to pick up 92 votes or 12.27% of all the votes cast.
Who should qualify from Lithuania’s first quarterfinal? Poll prediction
You can see the complete results below. Only the top eight contestants will advance to the semifinal. The contestants in italics are predicted to be eliminated (by our readers, anyway).
- Donny Montell “I’ve Been Waiting for This Night” 34.4% (258 votes)
- Erica Jennings “Leading Me Home” 13.07% (98 votes)
- Petunija “Tomorrow” 12.27% (92 votes)
- Catrinah “Be Free” 11.47% (86 votes)
- Egle Jakstyte “Leisk dar buti” 11.07% (83 votes)
- Ruta Sciogolevaite “United” 8.13% (61 votes)
- Alice Way “Hero” 5.33% (40 votes)
- Behind the Moon “Did It All” 2.53% (19 votes)
- Valdas Lacko “Stay Tonight” 1.07% (8 votes)
- Ištvan Kvik & Ellada “Please Don’t Cry” 0.66% (5 votes)
Total Votes: 750
Wiwi Jury Reviews and ranking
The Wiwi Jury—our in-house panel of music un-professionals— has reviewed all ten quaterfinalists. For once we’re in agreement with the readers regarding the qualifiers, albeit in a different order. You can check out our full ranking below. Click on the song titles to read our reviews.
- Donny Montell “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” (8.79)
- Egle Jakstyte “Leisk dar buti” (6.75)
- Erica Jennings “Leading Me Home” (6.14)
- Catrinah “Be Free” (5.79)
- Alice Way “Hero” (4.86)
- Behind the Moon “Did It All” (4.82)
- Petunija “Tomorrow” (4.64)
- Ruta Sciogolevaite “United” (4.19)
- Istvan Kvik & Ellada “Please Don’t Cry” (3.46)
- Valdas Lacko “Stay Tonight” (3.32)
You can watch the fourth Eurovizija show from 20:00 CET on LRT.
SEE OUR CURRENT LITHUANIA 2016 REVIEWS AND RANKINGS.
Photos: Vytenio Radžiuno (LRT.lt)