On March 21 Bulgaria’s Poli Genova released “If Love Was A Crime”, meaning that we finally know the complete line-up for the second semi-final of Eurovision 2016. This semi is far more open than the first, but the bookies seem to be backing Australia’s Dami Im. The country debuted in the top five last year — can the X Factor winner take them even higher?
After a string of poor results, Ireland will be hoping that ex-Westlife singer Nicky Byrne can get them back on track. He’s proven popular online, consistently topping our polls, but will that transfer to actual votes on the night? Ukraine returns from its year long hiatus with the emotionally charged 1944 from Jamala and they must surely have yet another top ten spot in their sights. And Poli Genova isn’t the only Eurovision returnee in the bunch. Donny Montell is taking another shot at glory for Lithuania, while Kaliopi will be aiming to better the record she set for FYR Macedonia in 2012. Contestants from Latvia, Norway and beyond will do their best to outshine all of them.
Precisely who will qualify is anyone’s guess. But who do you want to see make it? You can listen to each of this year’s second semi-final contestants below (or by visiting our Contestants Page). Then vote for your favourites in our poll. You can vote for as many contestants as you like, but you can only vote ONE time, so make it count.
This poll closes on 11 May at midnight, just ahead of the second semi-final on 12 May. It’s up to you, Europe. Start voting now!
Semi-final 2 contestants
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa with “Fairytale”
- Australia: Dami Im with “Sound of Silence”
- Belarus: Ivan with “Help You Fly”
- Belgium: Laura Tesoro with “What’s The Pressure”
- Bulgaria: Poli Genova with “If Love Was A Crime”
- Denmark: Lighthouse X with “Soldiers Of Love”
- Georgia: Nika Kocharov & Young Georgian Lolitaz with “Midnight Gold”
- Ireland: Nicky Byrne with “Sunlight”
- Israel: Hovi Star with “Made of Stars”
- Latvia: Justs with “Heartbeat”
- Lithuania: Donny Montell with “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night”
- FYR Macedonia: Kaliopi with “Dona”
- Norway: Agnete with “Icebreaker”
- Poland: Michal Szpak with “Color of Your Life”
Romania: Ovidiu Anton with “Moment Of Silence”
- Serbia: Sanja Vucic ZAA with “Goodbye (Shelter)”
- Slovenia: ManuElla with “Blue and Red”
- Switzerland: Rykka with “The Last Of Our Kind”
- Ukraine: Jamala with “1944”