Cyprus’ George danced and drummed. Shir & Tim had a starry night, while Malta channelled the tropics. And that was just three of eight countries that had their first rehearsal at Junior Eurovision 2016 on Tuesday. We asked you who had the best rehearsal. After counting 2,200 votes, we can now reveal that our readers think that Poland’s Olivia Wieczorek won the day.
The backdrop flows with blues and pinks, eventually bursting into a supernova. All the while the cameras remain fixed on Olivia, who looks confident and cute as a button in a feathery pink dress. This musical bird definitely takes flight! Poland definitely are not going for something over-the-top and showy. Instead, producers keep the attention on Olivia’s stunning vocals and emotive face. Together, they work in perfect harmony to tug on our heartstrings. They seem to have struck a chord with our readers too.
FYR Macedonia’s Martija Stanojkovic came second with 342 votes and Ireland’s Zena Donnelly finished only seven votes away in the third position.
Best Rehearsal: November 15 — Full Results
- Poland: Olivia Wieczorek “Nie zapomnij” (386 votes, 18%)
- FYR Macedonia: Martija Stanojkovic “Love Will Lead Our Way” (342 votes, 16%)
- Ireland: Zena Donnelly “Bríce Ar Bhríce” (335 votes, 15%)
- Cyprus: George Michaelides “Dance Floor” (287 votes, 13%)
- Italy: Fiamma Baccia “Cara Mamma” (274 votes, 12%)
- Malta: Christina “Parachute” (238 votes, 11%)
- The Netherlands: Kisses “Kisses and Dancin'” (233 votes, 11%)
- Israel: Shir & Tim “Follow My Heart” (105 votes, 5%)
What do you think? Can Olivia go on and win the competiton, or can Martina or any other act rise up? Let us know in the comments section below…
Photo: Andres Putting (EBU)