Bulgaria’s Lidia served sugary sweet realness. Georgia’s Mariam worked it Broadway style. And Serbia’s Dunja owned her hoverboard. But in the end one act rose above the rest. After counting 2,413 votes, we can now reveal that Russia’s Water Of Life Project had the best first rehearsal on Wednesday, according to our readers.
The group, led by their star Sofia Fisenko, finished in first place with the Wiwi Jury. And on Wednesday morning they justified their landslide victory by delivering a haunting and somehow inspiring performance of their Junior Eurovision song “Water of Life”.
This is our video of their second rehearsal on Friday
It starts with the four songstresses seated on the floor, with the outer two singers in blue dresses, and Sofia and another singer in matching orange ones. The patterns look indigenous and ethnic, perhaps hinting at man’s tribal roots — which fit with the spiritual, other-worldy quality of the song. The LED features water droplets that erupt upwards. Another highlight? Sofia’s Rapunzel-like hair which falls in long waves down to her waist. The performance ends with the girls standing close and forming a heart with their elbows. It’s very “We Are The World” and memorable. Vocally they were flawless, mixing power and control to create stirring harmonies.
Bulgaria and Georgia rounded out the Top 3.
Best Rehearsal: November 16 — Full Results
- Russia: Water Of Life Project “Water Of Life” 496 votes, 20.56%
- Bulgaria: Lidia Ganeva “Magical Day 463, 19.19%
- Georgia: Mariam Mamadashvili “Mzeo” 332, 13.76%
- Armenia: Anahit & Mary “Tarber” 233, 9.66%
- Australia: Alexa Curtis “We Are” 211, 8.74%
- Ukraine: Sofia Rol “Planet craves for love” 205, 8.5%
- Albania: Klesta Qehaja “Besoj” 176, 7.29%
- Belarus: Alexander Minyonok “Musyka Moih Pobed” 156, 6.46%
- Serbia: Dunja Jelicic “U La La La” 141, 5.84%
What do you think? Can Russia go on and win the competition, or can any other act rise up? Let us know in the comments section below…
VOTE IN ALL OF OUR POLLS
READ ALL OF OUR REHEARSAL REVIEWS
FOLLOW ALL OF OUR JUNIOR EUROVISION 2016 COVERAGE
Photo: Andres Putting (EBU)