London calling to Kyiv! The UK decides who will be their 2017 representative in Eurovision: You Decide 2017 on January 27. Six acts will compete, all of whom previously appeared on the UK’s X Factor. But who has the factor to win with our Wiwi Jury – our in-house panel of music unprofessionals? We’ll preview and review each of this year’s acts to help you inform your decision. We’re ready to pick our favourite for the UK!
Our jury for this edition consists of 18 jurors who come from Australia, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Iceland, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Spain, the United Kingdom and the USA. Each juror assesses each song independently, and awards each song a score from 0 to 10. Before calculating the Wiwi Jury verdict, we drop the highest and lowest scores to reduce potential bias and outliers.
We’ll be unrolling these one by one over the coming week. You can read the completed reviews by clicking on the song title.
Eurovision: You Decide 2017 reviews and rankings
- Holly Brewer – “I Wish I Loved You More” (7.06)
- Olivia Garcia – “Freedom Hearts” (6.97)
- Lucie Jones – “Never Give Up On You” (6.22)
- Salena Mastroianni – “I Don’t Wanna Fight” (6.13) *
- Danyl Johnson – “Light Up The World” (6.13)
- Nate Simpson – “What Are We Made Of?” (5.31)
* Ties are broken by preferential vote