Sweden: Jessica Andersson said to be confirmed for Melodifestivalen 2018

29

There’s not long to wait now. On Tuesday we will find out the 28 acts competing in Melodifestivalen 2018. But before the big confirmation, two more names have slipped out. Rapper Moncho and 15-year-old singer Elias Abbas are on the list. Aftonbladet has also revealed that six-time Melfest veteran Jessica Andersson is a definite for Melfest.

Jessica Andersson

Earlier in the week, Jessica Andersson was named as a potential artist for Melfest, but at the time, Aftonbladet was careful to emphasise that her place in the show had not been confirmed yet.

But now it seems the six-time Melodifestivalen veteran is going to make it number seven. Aftonbladet’s source says Jessica will be competing with an upbeat number that will appeal to Mello fans. In her most recently Melfest appearance, she performed the power ballad “Can’t Hurt Me Now” in 2015, which placed 11th.

Moncho

Ramón Monserrat — who performs as Moncho — is a rapper and vocalist from Uppsala. He has previously been involved with the hip hop and reggae group LöstFolk. He will make his solo debut in Melodifestivalen.

Elias Abbas

Upcoming singer Elias Abbas is also on the list for Melfest 2018. Right now he’s only 15, but he will turn 16 in December, ensuring he’ll be well over the minimum age in May next year. Elias released his debut single “Min Queen” earlier this year. Aftonbladet reports that Elias will perform a song written by the prolific songwriter Hamed “K-One” Pirouzpanah. His previous works include Sanna Nielsen’s “Undo”, Robin Bengtsson’s “I Can’t Go On” and Alcazar’s “Blame it on the Disco”.

Jessica Andersson, Elias Abbas and Moncho will be joined at Melodifestivalen by Liamoo, RolandzDotter, Mariette, Edward Blom, Emmi Christensson, Emilia Rydberg MitikuKamferdrops, Jonas Gardell, Renaida Braun, Kalle MoraeusKikki Danielsson, Martin AlmgrenAlcazar, Ida Redig, John Lundvik, Olivia EliassonBenjamin Ingrosso, Felix Sandman, Méndez, Sigrid BernsonSamir & Viktor and P4 Nästa winner Stiko Per Larsson.

This makes a total of 24 rumoured acts, out of a total of 28 acts that will (probably) be heading to the semi-finals in February. Two acts that were previously rumoured — Emilia Rydberg Mitiku and Alcazar — are no longer listed by Aftonbladet as potential acts. *sad face*

Aftonbladet’s source says the line-up for Melfest 2018 is more or less confirmed, but there may be a few acts the show is trying to get on board in these last remaining days.

What do you think? Who else would you like to see on the Melfest 2018 line-up? Share your thoughts below!

READ MORE SWEDEN EUROVISION NEWS