Teme Ära! Tonight Eesti Laul 2018 – Estonia’s national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 – returns. Ten acts will take to stage in Semi-Final 1, bidding to win one of five places at the final, which takes place in Tallinn on March 3.
Last December, we asked you who your favourite in Semi-Final 1 was and you gave an emphatic result: Elina Nersajeva, and her opera track “La Forza”. She won the poll with 31% of all votes cast.
Her nearest rival Stig Rasta trailed on 20% of all votes cast, over 10% adrift of Elina. Despite his illustrious record at Eesti Laul, that suggest Stig has more serious competition on his hands than he might have expected.
Etnopasty placed third with 14%, with their entry “Kulm”. Vajé took 11% in fourth and Desiree rounds out our readers top five on 9%. If our readers have their way, those are the five acts who’ll advance to the final tonight, giving a broad spread of genres and songs for Estonia to pick its Eurovision act from.
That means Iiris & Agoh, Aden Ray, Sibyl Vane, Tiiu x Okym x Semy and Miljardid have all been left out in the cold.
RESULTS: WHO SHOULD WIN EESTI LAUL SEMI-FINAL 1
- Elina Netsajeva — “La Forza”: 1,027 votes (31%)
- Stig Rasta — “Home”: 650 votes (20%)
- Etnopatsy — “Kulm”: 468 votes (14%)
- Vajé — “Laura (Walk with Me)”: 356 votes (11%)
- Desiree — “On My Mind”: 286 votes (9%)
- Iiris & Agoh — “Drop That Boogie”: 217 votes (7%)
- Aden Ray — “Everybody’s Dressed”: 111 votes (3%)
- Sibyl Vane — “Thousand Words”: 95 votes (3%)
- Tiiu x Okym x Semy — “Naita oma energiat”: 70 votes (2%)
- Miljardid — “Pseudoprobleem”: 30 votes (1%)
Total Votes: 3,310
Voting is split tonight. A jury will decide the first four acts to advance. The fifth act will advance based on public votes alone.
You’ll be able to watch Semi-Final 1 live, either on ERR or through the website of our partners Delfi.ee, from 20:35 CET. As with last year, tonight’s performances have been pre-recorded, so the only live element will be the voting itself after acts have performed.
Do you think that “La Forza” will be a winner in tonight’s semi-final? Or do you think Stig and “Home” have a shot? Let us know all your thoughts down in the comments section below.