Estonia has spent the past two years in the Eurovision wilderness. In 2016, Jüri Pootsman finished last in his semi-final and last year, Eurovision veterans Koit Toome & Laura failed to turn things around, finishing in fourteenth place. Tonight Estonia has the chance to turn that trend around: Ten acts will take to the stage in the final of Eesti Laul 2018 and by the end of the night one of them will have won the ticket to fly the flag for Tallinn on stage in Lisbon in May.
Last week, we asked you who you think should win the final of Eesti Laul 2018 and you have a conclusive favourite: Elina Nechayeva. The multi-talented soprano and TV-host won 48% of all votes cast, making “La Forza” your clear favourite of the competition and the one international Eurofans will be watching tonight during the show.
Her nearest competition looks set to come from Stig Rästa. His guitar ballad “Home” won 16% of all votes cast, which was enough for second place in our pol and makes him the only act besides Elina Nechayeva to have made it into double figures. Vajé, who placed in third, only managed to win 9% of all votes cast.
Iiris & Agoh took 7% of the vote in fourth and Frankie Animal round out the top 5 with 6% of the vote.
ELINA NECHAYEVA IS YOUR FAVOURITE TO WIN EESTI LAUL 2018
The other five acts accounted for 15% of all votes cast.
- Elina Nechayeva with “La Forza” 1,413 (48%)
- Stig Rästa with “Home” 478 (16%)
- Vajé with “Laura (Walk with Me)” 255 (9%)
- Iiris & Agoh with “Drop That Boogie” 196 (7%)
- Frankie Animal with “(Can’t Keep Calling) Misty” 182 (6%)
- Nika with “Knock Knock” 139 (5%)
- Sibyl Vane with “Thousand Words” 105 (4%)
- Karl Kristjan & Karl Killing feat. Wateva with “Young” 86 (3%)
- Evestus with “Welcome to My World” 60 (2%)
- Eliis Pärna & Gerli Padar with “Sky” 36 (1%)
You’ll be able to watch the final of Eesti Laul 2018 live from 18:30CET tonight through ERR or our partners DELFI. As last year, the show will air in two parts, with the performances and results aired separately.