Fourteen blokes started the journey to become “Best male solo artist of Eurovision 2018“. And now, the results are in.
It’s the Albanian power house rocker, the one and only Eugent Bushpepa. And he won by quite a margin, taking 22% of all votes cast. In a distant second came Ukraine’s Mélovin. Czech Republic’s Mikolas Josef wasn’t far behind in third.
It is clear that people were thirsty for some serious rock n’roll. And Eugent definitely serves plenty of that with his silky smooth voice, powerful performances, charm and a mild manner. The FiK winner might have entered the pre-party game a little later than many, but his presence still managed to sweep everyone off their feet.
His rock ballad “Mall” has become somewhat of a fan favourite. And we’re not surprised. The song is both catchy and melancholic with impeccable vocals. Everything one wants from a solid rock number.
Now it is time for Eugent to fly off to Lisbon and attempt to get the rest of Europe on board. He takes to the semi-final stage on 8 May.
We know what our wiwi-readers think of Eugent, but what about the rest of Europe? Will the viewers at home be as fascinated by him as those of us in the bubble? We’re simply dying to find out! Maybe it is time for a Balkan country to host the contest again?
Poll results: Best male solo artist at Eurovision 2018
- Albania: Eugent Bushpepa “Mall” 22% (1.453 votes)
- Ukraine: Mélovin “Under the Ladder” 12% (809 votes)
- Czech Republic: Mikolas Josef “Lie to Me” 10% (687 votes)
- Austria: César Sampson “Nobody but You” 9% (584 votes)
- Belarus: Alekseev “Forever” 8% (530 votes)
- Sweden: Benjamin Ingrosso “Dance You Off” 7% (495 votes)
- Netherlands: Waylon “Outlaw In´Em” 6% (427 votes)
- Denmark: Rasmussen “Higher Ground” 5% (359 votes)
- Armenia: Sevak Khanegyan “Qami” 5% (345 votes)
- Germany: Michael Schulte “You Let Me Walk Alone” 5% (317 votes)
- Ireland: Ryan O´Shaughnessy “Together” 4% (249 votes)
- Norway: Alexander Rybak “That´s How You Write A Song” 2% (157 votes)
- Montenegro: Vanja Radovanovic “Inje” 2% (142 votes)
- Iceland: Ari Ólafsson “Our Choice” 2% (125 votes)
Total Votes: 6,679