It’s taken several weeks, but officials have finally revealed the jury-televote split from Eurovision 2012. As expected Sweden’s Loreen won both the jury vote and the televote. Her margin of victory with the jury was immense: her 296 jury points gave her a 123-point lead over second-place finisher Zeljko Joksimovic from Serbia (173). Albania’s Rona Nishliu came third with 157 points. In terms of the televote, Russia’s Buranovskiye Babushki gave Loreen a run for her money (not bad given they had to run with walking sticks). Loreen’s 343 televoting points only gave her an 11-point advantage over the babushki, who clocked 332 points during the grand final. Third-place finisher Zeljko Joksimovic trailed the grannies by 121 points. The complete results and selected highlights follow.
|Placement||Country||Jury Rank||Jury||Televote Rank||Televote|
|18||Bosnia & Herz||15||71||16||57|
- Of the Big Five contestants, Italy’s Nina Zilli did best with the jury. They ranked her fourth. Britain’s Engelbert Humperdinck did the worst. The jury ranked him dead last.
- Of the Big Five contestants, Germany’s Roman Lob did the best with the public. He finished sixth in the televote. France’s Anggun did the worst. The public ranked her dead last. They actually awarded her zero points.
- The public ranked Jedward a very respectable 10th, while the jury ranked them 25th, which is next-to-last
- Norway’s Tooji may have finished last overall. But he beat Malta’s Kurt Calleja and France’s Anggun in the televote, and Ireland’s Jedward and Britain’s Engelbert Humperdinck with the jury
- The jury and public agreed that Loreen should win. They also agreed that Lithuania’s Donny Montell should finish 14th, that Iceland’s Greta and Jonsi should finish 19th, and that Norway’s Tooji should finish 24th.