Ever since Prince Harry was spotted with Burberry model Cressida Bonas, British papers have been abuzz with the news of a potential romance. But Cressida, who bares a striking resemblance to Harry’s ex Chelsy Davy, may soon be playing second fiddle to her mother. The media, it seems, can’t get enough of the Lady Mary-Gaye Georgiana Lorna Curzon.
In an article published on July 23, the Daily Mail described her as “a party girl, with a string of ex-lovers” who “posed for a very racy photo.” Sadly we don’t post nasty pics of posh people on WiwiBloggs.Com. But here’s what Wiwi has been able to learn about Lady Mary-Gaye so far.
1. She’s a part of the aristocratic Curzon family, which made much of its money in banking.
2. Her father, Earl Howe, was the godson of King Edward VII and a famous race car driver in pre-World War II England.
3. A 1960s It Girl, Lady Mary-Gaye appeared in the erotic coffee table book “Birds of Britain” along with icons like Lulu and Sarah Miles. She was semi-naked and drenched in oil, a reference her father’s racing career.
4. Her posh friends call her MG.
5. She’s been married four times. Her husbands didn’t pass away. She divorced them.
6. Her first marriage was with Esmond Cooper-Key, whose father was a member of parliament for Hastings when they got hitched in 1971. Their daughter, Pandora, works for Vivienne Westwood.
7. In 1976—less than a year after her divorce was finalized—she married John Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, a wealth property magnate who was once the chairman of the Watermark Group. They made three babies together: 33-year old Georgiana, 32-year old Isabella, and 29-year old Jacobi. He’s good friends with Prince William.
8. She reportedly had an affair with Cressida’s father—Jeffrey Bonas—while he was still married.
9. After they split, she shacked up with financiaer Christopher Straw—her fourth and final husband. For now, anyway.
10. Men will do anything for her. Shaw reportedly staged a party for her at Claridge’s, London’s iconic Art Deco hotel, which featured men on stilts, a dwarf, and around 350 A-list guests.
11. She recently told reporters that she is in the dark about any relationship her daughter Cressida has with Prince Harry. “I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about it,” she said.
12. At 65 years of age, she’s less MILF than she is GILF (though we haven’t yet confirmed if she has grandchildren).