Wiwi’s readers have listened to the 10 finalists of Eesti Laul, the Estonian national selection, and they want Grete Paia to win with her song Päästke noored hinged.
There was unusually low voter turnout in our poll, with just 144 people casting votes. Perhaps Estonia is not lighting Europe’s fire this year? It’s certainly not lighting mine. But I think that our readers have chosen a decent song from a mediocre bunch. Grete has a strong voice and an above-average stylist. Sadly her song is just so Pernilla Karlsson boring in its efforts to be dreamy. But at least it’s not a gimmick. Runners-up Winny Puhh are just a bunch of guys shouting and wearing funny costumes.
The show takes place at 20:35 CET this evening in the Nokia Concert Hall. You can watch it live on Eurovision.tv.
1. Grete Paia – Paastke noored hinged 30 votes, 20.83%
2. Winny Puhh – Meiecundimees uks Korsakov laks eile Latti 23, 15.97%
3. Elina Born – Enough 17, 11.81%
4. Rasmus Rändvee & Facelift Deer – Dance 16, 11.11%
5. Teele & Tuuli & Ula – Ring The Alarm 15, 10.42%
6. Pohja-Tallinn – Meil on aega veel 13, 9.03%
7. Birgit Oigemeel – Et uus saaks alguse 10, 6.94%
8. Rolf Roosalu – With U 9, 6.25%
9. Liisi Koikson & Söörömöö – Ule vee 7, 4.86%
10. Korsikud – Suuda öelda ei 4, 2.78%