Wiwi:  Anouk doesn’t do gimmick. She’s been clear for a while now that she wouldn’t overdose on glitter or sequins at Eurovision. During today’s first rehearsal she lived up to her words, wearing a simple black top with form-fitting pants. Classy staging matched the sophistication of her song. We see birds flying on an LED screen. They’re neither distracting nor forgettable, and instead give the act a magical quality. We’ve drawn plenty of comparisons to Adele’s “Skyfall” and that resonates more than ever after today’s rehearsal. Anouk was pared down, kept it simple, and shined. We dare you to say something bitchy about this one.

Vebooboo: This is ruul ruul emotionally delivered. Seriously, even the most macho giant (aka the guy picking up Zlata) would be moved to tears after watching this 30 second clip. LED screens can be way overused, so it’s nice to see simple staging which plays on the LED effect without relying on it too much. Anouk, you da bomb. Chanter you stay!

Photo Credit: Sander Hesterman (EBU)

You can read our reviews of the Eurovision rehearsals by clicking here. You can also read our song reviews on the Wiwi Jury page, and read the lyrics to this year’s entries on our contestants page.

JoyceS
JoyceS
7 years ago

Did you guys interviewed Anouk yet, I am just curious about that:))
If you get the change you should ask her if she will take her LUCKY STONE with her!!!
She always has a little stone in her sock/ shoes when she is on stage to bring her good luck. I know that because off her concert 2012, on a time she has to sit down on stage because her lucky stone was moved in her sock…she told the audience then that she always has that little stone with her for good luck:))

fay
fay
7 years ago

Hold your tits people I know Anouk she won’t be wearing a dress but she’s not wearing this either. And btw more singers didn’t show up in their dresses at least I think Russia’s participant just wore a dress not the final outfit. Anyway good luck everyone.

Bogdan Honciuc
7 years ago

Indeed! Thank you, Inge. And thank you, Jesus.

Inge
Inge
7 years ago

The official Dutch song contest site, songfestival.nl, said that we will have to wait til the dress rehearsal to se what she”ll be wearing.

William Lee Adams
Admin
7 years ago

@Joyces. Oh that’s interesting. I hadn’t heard that yet, but I was surprised at how simple and pale it was. I think she needs something a bit more exciting but still elegant and simple.

JoyceS
JoyceS
7 years ago

Wiwi I hear gossip that the clothes from Dina not where the clothes she will wear on the semi final?

William Lee Adams
Admin
7 years ago

In Slovenia’s rehearsal video she says that producers insisted that performers wear their actual stage clothes during the first rehearsal…so it looks like Anouk is wearing this. Then again, she isn’t one to follow rules, so maybe she will surprise us later!

dex
dex
7 years ago

I like her,she is unusuall and different.

swedenborg
swedenborg
7 years ago

I love this song…but I agree with the others. Wear something more grande but keep to the melancholy tones.

Franco
Franco
7 years ago

Don’t like the clothes. This isn’t classy: this is shabby.
Put some nice evening dress on, Anouk!

JoyceS
JoyceS
7 years ago

This is Anouk, I really do not mind the clothes and I love her black boots to:) The black outfit is not distracting and the hole visual picture from this act just make her song and her voice more beautiful and unforgetable!

Bogdan Honciuc
7 years ago

Is this what she’s going to wear on the night? I know that she’s never been seen wearing a dress, but still… It feels too casual.