What would happen if a handful of amazing Eurovision artists created a new group and performed together? If you are from The Netherlands you don’t have to imagine anymore! Behold: Ladies of Soul!
This impressive group is made up of five women:
– Edsilia Rombley (ESC 1998: Hemel en aarde and ESC 2007: On top of the world)
– Glennis Grace (ESC 2005: My impossible dream)
– Trijntje Oosterhuis (One of the coaches in the Voice of Holland)
– Berget Lewis (Chosen as best singer in The Netherlands in 2012)
– Candy Dulfer (Played Saxophone at concerts from Prince)
They unveiled their first single just a few weeks ago. It’s called ‘I’ll carry you’. And this is good music people, even if you have to warm up to it. The first time I listened, I wasn’t feeling it. But the second time I liked it and the third time I loved it!
Maybe it’s even a shame The Netherlands already decided to send The Common Linnets to ESC 2014, because this is definitely what I would like to hear in Copenhagen!
Mike Bos contributed this report from the Netherlands. You can keep up with the latest Eurovision news and gossip by following the team from wiwibloggs.com on Twitter @wiwibloggs and by liking our Facebook page.