During the first semi-final of Dziesma 2014, Samanta Tina wore a wreath of flowers on her head. But that’s not all she did. She also won over a majority of our readers. The phone lines have closed and we can now reveal that the “Stay” singer has won our poll with nearly 22% of all votes!
Surely your support will give Samanta, who finished second last year, an extra boost. As she told wiwibloggs.com back in January: “It is a great feeling when lots of people are talking about me. That’s giving me more power and belief for the whole show.”
Katrine Lukins, a Swede of Latvian descent, came second with her song “You are the reason.” She earned more than 16% of all votes. When we interviewed her a few weeks ago she made it clear that she’s finding the entire Dziesma process rul, rul emotional. “The song is about love and Eurovision is full of love,” she said. “I feel the love and the power when I sing my song. It’s actually a very emotional song and I like singing it cause I get very emotional every time I sing it.”
Olga Rajecka came third with more than 11% of all votes. She’s an amazing singer and her song showcases Latvian folk music with a modern twist. If the singing doesn’t work out, she should consider entering Miss Latvia World. When she spoke with us recently she was ambassadrial with her answers: “I would love to see the Latvian language represented [at Eurovision], and to have the peace around the world, clean water, blue skies and every child with an ice cream in hand.” Amen!
Dziesma 2014 poll results
1. Samanta Tina – “Stay”: 125 votes, 21.89%
2. Katrine Lukins – “You are the Reason”: 93 votes, 16.29%
3. Olga & Ligo – “Saule Riet (Take Away)”: 64 votes, 11.21%
4. Dons – “Pedeja vestule”: 60 votes, 10.51%
5. Niko – “Here I Am Again”: 49 votes, 8.58%
6. Aarzemnieki – “Cake To Bake”: 47 votes, 8.23%
7. Katrina Bindere – “Moment and Tomorrow”: 32 votes, 5.6%
7. Ralfs Eilands and Valters Puce – “Revelation”: 32 votes, 5.6%
9. MyRadiantU – “Going All The Way”: 25 votes, 4.38%
10. Markus Riva – “Lights on”: 22 votes, 3.85%
11. Aminata Savadogo – “I Can Breathe”: 15 votes, 2.63%
12. Eirosmits – “If I Could (Get Away)”: 7 votes, 1.23%
Dziesma takes place on Saturday evening. In the meantime you can consult our Eurovision 2014 calendar for show times and web links, you can listen to all of this year’s chosen acts on our contestants page, and you can also vote in our latest Eurovision 2014 polls.