Rehearsals are under way in Brasov, Transylvania, but our readers have already chosen their winner for Romania’s Selectia Nationala. “Miracle”, Ovi Jacobsen’s song that he performs with Paula Seling, should swim to victory tonight.
All week long, you have been asked to vote in our poll for your favorite to win Romania’s Selectia Nationala 2014. With almost half the votes (46.35%), Paula Seling and Ovi, the Eurovision stars who finished third in Oslo in 2010, are your favorites to represent their country, topping our poll with 500 votes. According to you guys, “Miracle”, which will be performed first tonight, should also finish first at the end of the national final.
Shockingly, half the acts did not manage to gather more than 1% of the votes each. Closing the poll, controversial act Bere Gratis was voted by just one person. Y’all have punished the band for their alleged nepotism, it seems!
SELECTIA NATIONALA POLL RESULTS
1. Paula Seling and Ovi – “Miracle” 46.34% (500 votes)
2. Anca Florescu – “Hearts Collide” 18.07% (195 votes)
3. Stefan Stan feat. TeddyK – “Breathe” 15.38% (166 votes)
4. Mirela Vaida – “One More Time” 8.62% (93 votes)
5. The dAdA – “Unpredictable” 5.38% (58 votes)
6. Renee Santana feat. Mike Diamondz – “Letting Go” 2.97% (32 votes)
7. Marcel “Sal” Craciunescu – “Hardjock” 0.93% (10 votes)
8. Vizi Imre – “Kind of Girl” 0.83% (9 votes)
9. Naomy – “Daca tu iubesti” 0.83% (9 votes)
10. The Zuralia Orchestra – “You Know” 0.56% (6 votes)
11. Silvia Dumitrescu – “Fiorul iubirii” 0.19% (2 votes)
12. Bere Gratis – “Despre mine si ea” 0% (1 votes)
This is it, y’all! The national final is scheduled at 19:30 CET and will be streamed live on the TVR website and on eurovision.tv. We will see if your predictions are right or whether a certain Vaida, who is luring her voters with watches (!), is going to upset everyone with her melodic but terribly outdated waltz “One More Time”. Our hope is that the jury will see right through that and help award the victory to one of the three favorites that top our poll.
Are you at all surprised by the results? And will you tune in to watch Romania’s Selectia Nationala final tonight?
Bogdan Honciuc is a Romania-based correspondent for WiwiBloggs.com. You can follow him on Twitter @stingovision. You can also keep up-to-date with the latest Eurovision news and gossip by following the team on Twitter @wiwibloggs and by liking our Facebook page.
Photo courtesy of Paul Nanca.