Eurovision fans won’t be able to cast an official vote until the first semi-final kicks off on May 4, but they’re already casting unofficial ones in our poll, “Who Will Win Eurovision 2014?” Since March 21, our readers have cast a total of 34,550 votes for the acts they want to win. There are still several weeks to go, but a few favourites have emerged.

If our readers are any indicator then Armenia’s Aram Mp3 should cruise to victory with his mid-tempo electro number, “Not Alone”. Mr. Mp3 earned an impressice 12,326 votes, or around 36% of all those cast. At this rate he will need to upgrade to Aram Mp4! His massive lead in our poll reflects what the bookies have been saying for weeks: he’s the favourite to take it all.

Azerbaijan’s Dilara, who is currently one of the front-runners to win our search for Eurovision’s Next Top Model, still has Aram within her view. She’s earned 7,229 votes, or around 21%. The bookies currently have her listed as their fifth favourite, with her odds as low as 10:1. (Aram’s are currenly hovering around 5/6).

Surprisingly, Belarus’ Teo, who the bookies have listed as the third least likely to win Eurovision, is in third in our poll. He’s earned an impressive 2,119 votes, or around 6% of all those cast. The man gives a good interview, and there’s something very loveable about his lyrics.

Romania’s Eurovision veterans Paua Seling & Ovi have come fourth. And Britain’s Molly Smitten-Downes, who recently signed with Warner Music Group, is fifth.

What do you think of the results so far? Is France really the worst of the Big 5? Does Latvia deserve to finish last?

And yes, before you ask: we do block by cookie and IP address in this poll.

Poll standings (as of 2 April at 21:00 GMT)

1. Armenia: Aram Mp3 with “Not Alone”: 12,326 votes, 35.68%
  2. Azerbaijan: Dilara with “Start a Fire”: 7,229 votes, 20.92%
  3. Belarus: Teo with “Cheesecake”: 2,119 votes, 6.13%
  4. Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi with “Miracle”: 1,553 votes, 4.49%
  5. United Kingdom: Molly Smitten-Downes with “Children of the Universe”: 1,327 votes, 3.84%
  6. Spain: Ruth Lorenzo with “Dancing in the Rain”: 960 votes, 2.78%
  7. Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. Riskykidd with “Rise Up”: 897 votes, 2.6%
  8. Sweden: Sanna Nielsen with “Undo”: 831 votes, 2.41%
  9. FYR Macedonia: Tijana Dapcevic with “To the Sky”: 589 votes, 1.7%
  10. Hungary: András Kállay-Saunders with “Running”: 581 votes, 1.68%
  11. Ireland: Can-linn feat Kasey Smith with “Heartbeat”: 420 votes, 1.22%
  12. Austria: Conchita Wurst with “Rise like a Phoenix”: 374 votes, 1.08%
  13. Israel: Mei Finegold with “Same Heart”: 362 votes, 1.05%
  14. Poland: Donatan and Cleo with “Slavic Girls”: 361 votes, 1.04%
  15. Slovenia: Tinkara Kovach with “Spet/Round and Round”: 360 votes, 1.04%
  16. Italy: Emma Marrone with “La Mia Citta”: 347 votes, 1%
  17. Norway: Carl Espen with “Silent Storm”: 340 votes, 0.98%
  18. Netherlands: The Common Linnets with “Calm After the Storm”: 307 votes, 0.89%
  19. Denmark: Basim with “Cliché Love Song”: 235 votes, 0.68%
  32. Portugal: Suzy with “Quero Ser Tua”: 137 votes, 0.4%
  33. Switzerland: Sebalter with “Hunter of Stars”: 133 votes, 0.38%
  34. Georgia: The Shin with “Three Minutes to Earth”: 114 votes, 0.33%
  35. Russia: The Tolmachevy Twins with “Shine”: 107 votes, 0.31%
  36. Iceland: Pollapönk with “No prejudice”: 77 votes, 0.22%
  37. Latvia: Aarzemnieki with “Cake to Bake”: 66 votes, 0.19%

You can see the results of previous contests by visiting the Eurovision’s Next Top Model Hall of Fame. You can also keep up-to-date on the latest Eurovision news and gossip by following the team on Twitter @wiwibloggs and by liking our Facebook page.

Linde Lund

Betty MacDonald fan club ESC TOP 10 in alphabetical order:
Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Germany, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom according to the votes from Betty MacDonald fan club ESC fans from 40 countries.

Teresadionísio
Teresadionísio

My favourites:
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Hungary
Russia
Poland
Macedonia
Eslovenia

Deven O'Kearney
Deven O'Kearney
6 years ago

Do you know that Ireland are the red hot favourites in Estonia (3/4 odds on), Norway (Evens) and in the FYR Macedonia (2/1 odds) 🙂 🙂 🙂 😀 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I’m Irish)

Joe Kinsella
6 years ago

Have just listened to Ireland entry “Heartbeat” brilliant really like it I think this is a real strong contender and all the polls are now starting to think the same it is gaining a strong following a lot of polls are putting them in 2nd place in the last few days.
Love the lyrics as for the vocals really strong this could be the Dark Horse give it a listen to see what you think.

Lalala
Lalala
6 years ago

If belarus comes third in the poll,then something is wrong!

By the way I’d like Romania or Hungary or Armenia to win

8. Ireland
9. Denmark
10. UK

adriana gabriela
adriana gabriela
6 years ago

Eugene i live in uk so do you…You mentioned about a site were the votes are more acurrate ,since couple of days i was watching how many people vote for Molly from outside uk which are quite good amount but more shocking is that main people vote for Molly song are mainly from uk.Can you explain that?im sure Molly will be on the top 3 but maybe other peole dint noticed ,i did .how come people from uk who vote for uk the votes are counted there?When you vote for your own country it wont be counted or even published… Read more »

Lolilly
Lolilly

@ Huh
You are so right. I forgot. But they always gave 8 or more.
Who did I miss let me see….
Italy..???
I think Italy will give 8 points. So that will be a total of 297. Still a win….???

Huh
Huh

Lolilly

Czech Republic cannot vote and we all know that.

Lolilly
Lolilly

Everyone…
Here is how I think Europe will vote for Armenia, and BTW I have always been about 80% right during past few years. So, this is how others will vote for Armenia….
Russia ……………….12 pts
Finland…………………..6pts
Ireland……………………6pts
Iceland…………………..5pts
Switzerland…………….5pts
Azerbaijan………………0pts
301 points in total…….winner is Armenia
So, this is approximately what I think will happen.
What do you all think?

Leila
Leila

My top 5:

Armenia
Suecia
Spain
UK
France

Lolilly
Lolilly
6 years ago

@Eugene UK I did read your review and I completely agree with you. The lyrics could be better. For ex. ” and why do dreams make people scream” hmm…?? But as another analytical and critical thinker I think began thinking this way to justify the lyrics a tiny bit. LOL I guess maybe some dreams can make people scream when… Dreams… don’t come true? Dreams… That cannot be reality? Dreams… That are only one person’s dreams and not the other’s? Dreams… That are exhausting you, because all you do is dream and no one cares to understand y?? I don’t… Read more »

varsenik
6 years ago

I’m reading comments and wonder is The world war 3 begining lool Its not political elections dear ppl. you are all full of hatred. Dont care who will wiiin and stop talk about Aram there are many representatives, lets talk about them plz looooooool

Francel

3. United Kingdom
4. Azerbaijan
5. Montenegro

This i smy opinion
This i smy opinion
6 years ago

oh Safura drip drop was another one I predicted not to win eurovision while that discjointed thing was bookies number 1 lol Azerbaijan government spending on her promotion lifted her to position 5 which that rihanna copy drip drop attached to molitva copy and produced disjointed for eurovision failed to win

This i smy opinion
This i smy opinion
6 years ago

According to my taste and my experience of viewinf eurovision for sooo many years I have chosen my list very carefully, I can predict entries which won’t win even if they are polls and bookies favourite doesn’t necessarily means it is in accordance with millions of eurovision viewers taste all over the europe, I am confident to say that Aram mp3 promotion will not be eurovision song contest winner, there is nothinf special abourt that song it would have been better if it stayed as poem without painful music which brings nothing but clown we would see on eurovision stage,… Read more »

This i smy opinion
This i smy opinion

LETS TALK

My friend, don’t bother to respond to people because no matter how hard you try you will never educate people nor you can change them, just say your opinion and if they doon’t like it or bother you let them, you can’t say stop barking to a dog when you walk in the street, the dog is made to be a dog, its nature, take care

6 years ago

Hi Lolilly – I agree with a lot of what you said.

This is my full review of “Not Alone” from Thursday 3rd April on eurovisionfamily.tv :-

John
John
6 years ago

I think Norway win, but this year very lame, many bad songs such as Malta, Russia, Lithuania, Latvia and most of the others.

Lolilly
Lolilly
6 years ago

@its My Opinion, It’s interesting why are you so determined to persuade people that Aram’s song is worthless and blah blah blah. Why do you think people are going to listen to you? Everybody has different taste. You don’t like it, it’s your taste. We understand. Can’t you critisize the song without critisizing other people’s opinions? Why do you feel sooooo superior? And what makes you think your opinion is somehow the only legitimate one. Do you have a music background? Are you a singer, songwriter? Because I am a paychology professor and I do have a music background and… Read more »

Leon
Leon
6 years ago

@This is my opinion – We get it. Every site I go, every video I watch you post the same comment. You correctly predicted in 2006 that Anna Vissi was not going to win whoopdedup good for you. We’re not in 2006, and you can never be too correct in predicting who will win or lose eurovision. Please stop writing the same s**t over and over again.

Deven O'Kearney
Deven O'Kearney
6 years ago

Don’t be surprised if either Israel or Ireland win this year. Their songs are absolutely amazing and perfect for the Eurovision Song Contest.

6 years ago

LETS TALK – No I’m not, but the way you write it looks like you are!!

LETS TALK
LETS TALK
6 years ago

EUGENE UK,, R U COMIN FROM KINDERGARTEN ?

Phanie Mane
Phanie Mane
6 years ago

Sorry: Threre was a mistake.
Eugene UK

I didnt dissapointed with Armenia, Sweeden and Uk in the top 5, but Azarbaijan, and belarus. Hungary and Romaania have more options to be there I think.
Another cuestion is my personal opinion about ARAMp3, really I think this song is nothing special to win ESC, but votes from so much millions people from Armenia and his geopolitical neighbors does it. personally my top 10 is:
1.- Spain

6.- Norway
7.- Israel
8.- Azerbaijan
9.- Switzerland
10.- Armenia

6 years ago

Oh This is my opininon – Forgot to say you have totally missed the message in Molly’s song…………..think Ukraine :-

“Something stirring in the silence,
And it wreaks of passive violence
Hold on tight this opportunity we’ll take,
Put an end to all the suffering before it gets too late

Hopes on the horizon,
I’m not giving in”

“They said it’s the end but I’ve a feeling
It might just be the start”

6 years ago

Hi This is my opinion – “Undo my sad” is bad English and means nothing. It’s another song about love, hurt, pain, break up blah blah. It’s not original or contemporary, but having said that, I still like Sanna and the song.

To be honest I don’t mind if ARMENIA, SWEDEN, or THE UK wins, and for me most likely one of these WILL win. (My “Dark Horse” is DENMARK.)

This is my opinion
This is my opinion

Eugene UK

Hi, in the days where there is sadness everywhere I recommend “Undo” which has real meaning as it apply so I certainly am not convinced of the ones that includes lyrics “you are all alone, you are not alone, don’t cry little bird WHATTT IFFF” lol lol lol so cheap, I like UK entry but it’s not a winner, yes we are the children of the universe and we live on planet earth not mars which every body knows but thanks to UK contestant for reminding us lol

suzy will win

1. Sweden
2. Azerbaijan
3. Norway
4. San Marino
5. Malta

6 years ago

Hi This is my opinion – You made me chuckle when you said “real meaning”……………………were you referring to “Undo my sad”? (He he)

6 years ago

Hi Phanie Mane – Thanks for that link. Interesting Top 5, but a population size of 100 is way too small to take seriously really. A population size of 1,000 plus would make it more interesting.

However with just 100, ARMENIA, SWEDEN and the UK still feature in the Top 5. It’s the same names all the time.

This is my opinion
This is my opinion
6 years ago

This year winner is Sanna Nielsen “Undo” with real emotion real meaning, contender, contemporary and eurovisionery for victory, yes Sweden is going to win and eurovision is going back to Sweden next year whether you like it or not the best song is gonna win

This is my opinion
This is my opinion
6 years ago

Do you guys think that Aram singing you are all alone and then you are not alone and then shouting WHATTT IFFF…….. is something special, it’s just a poem he is trying to make it big by being antidepressant lol lol

This is my opinion
This is my opinion
6 years ago

Guys wait and see guys Aram mp3 on Eurovision Song Contest stage, because there were many entries won people attention via Bookies, OGAES, youtubes etc. like Anna Vissi’s everything, Charlotte Perelli’s Hero and Amaury’s sognu etc… and when they were placed on eurovision stage in front of millions of viewers plus juries they din’t even enter top 5 some didn’t even get to top 10 lol, why because they weren’t anything special, like I said about Amaury’s sognu before eurovision that he won’t win, I m saying the same thing about this Aram’s not alone which wil NOT WIN ok… Read more »

Leon
Leon
6 years ago

@ Jordan – I chuckled when you said “Azerbaijan’s contribution”. Don’t get me wrong the song is great, and I love it, but it’s Swedish contribution, unless you’re referring to the amount of money Baku spends every year on their eurovision contestants, then that’s a different story lol.

Lolilly
Lolilly

@Let’s Talk
I’m not fighting. I’m speaking with facts! Unlike most people in here. If you don’t like Aram’s song there is a dislike button on youtube. All you got to do is click on it.
Yes, if my comment is the truth, then it must be borring for some people who are jealous and full of hatred towards Armenians.

Ryanireland
Ryanireland
6 years ago

Armenians and azeris must be very busy voting!!!!!!

Jordan
Jordan
6 years ago

Azerbaijan’s contribution this year is excellent I wish Azerbaijan would win the contest as they deserve it. Dilara possesses great vocal techniques and she can sing which is important. All the best!

HJay
HJay
6 years ago

I ffing hate Italy’s song. Hungary will win, or maybe Estonia.

Phanie Mane
Phanie Mane
6 years ago

Sorry to dissapont about youtube favourite. If you watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lfzRUT29EQ&hd=1
You will see final results taking 100 tops from different countries and their votes to each
one.
Result for top 5 as per 100 youtuber’s vote:

1. Spain -207 points
2.-Armenia – 188 points.
3.- Sweeden 182 points
4.- U.K. 157 points
5.- Italy – 126 poits

ayka
6 years ago

Armenia sucks (((((( And Azerbaijan paying to be in this top like always.))))) may stop write bad comments about AZERBAIJAN but it seems so much jealous

ayka
6 years ago

i love AZERBAIJAN and DILARA’S song and her voice too but i think this year UNITED KINGDOM or ROMANIA will be winner. and good luck to all country

Armenia sucks
Armenia sucks
6 years ago

It’s so funny right now :)) Belarus in Top 3? He won’t even qualify :))Also,Armenia number one? I don’t think so.And Azerbaijan paying to be in this top like always.
THE REAL TOP 5:
Italy
UK
Norway
Romania
Israel

Anonymous
Anonymous
6 years ago

Seriously, no. Wth is this? Last year Emmelie wasn’t my cup of tea, but at least I could understand why people liked her. But this year? Armenia It’s maybe a good song, but not THAT good to be so high on the polls and rankings and sh*t. It doesn’t bother me that it’s 1st, it bothers me the fact that is first by such a big margin. And Azerbaijan 2nd? The hell? Its probably the weakest song they have ever send (well, with the exception of 2011… when they won. Again, wth). And to add insult to injury, you have… Read more »

Ryan from NL
Ryan from NL
6 years ago

I really don’t get it. Why is there such a big fuzz about Armenia?! I just don’t see it as a number one hit all over Europe. Something that Emmelie and Loreen have achieved in the past two years. Then there’s Spain, can you scream any louder? And the UK, who have too much faith in their Love Shine A Light success back in the ’90s, as this sounds similar (not bad though). Hungary is OK, but a far too dramatic theme (and besides that I don’t like that dubstep thingy). Romania’s Miracle is definitely not about to happen as… Read more »

Netherlandspete
Netherlandspete
6 years ago

Forgot: What are the UK and Spain doing in this top-10? The Spain song stands for : who van scream the loudest and the lyrics of the UK song are outdated: Children of the universe/power to the people…..we had that in the 60’s