Molly Smitten-Downes is not giving in and she’s shining like a diamond with fire in her bones. And with the unveiling of the studio version of “Children of the Universe”, she is shining even brighter than before.

Molly’s voice has a delightful breathiness to it, and the remastered track preserves the phone-sex-operator vibe. In the opening bars it’s like she is whispering into our ears. This version also brings into sharper focus the strong backing vocals and chanting. They help give the song a tribal quality, which might explain its near universal appeal. Don’t you feel your inner Cave Man knocking when this song gets going?

The studio version will be released on April 28. The official artwork shows Molly looking very Atilla the Hun, with a headpiece that screams warrior goddess. But her skin is so soft and fare we’re gonna say it’s more Atilla ‘da Honey.

Anyway, are you going to drop a few coins to get Molly’s single? What do you think of the studio version?

Related Links

You can keep up-to-date on the latest Eurovision news and gossip by following the team on Twitter @wiwibloggs and by liking our Facebook page.

troc
troc
7 years ago

This is the best song this year and deserves to win IMO.

adriana gabriela
adriana gabriela
7 years ago

BBC gives a pint ABT eurovision. Looks like Molly is the best in the past 10 years .Way before United Kingdom was very criticism about Eurovision ,now they act like a puppy.At least somone is doing someting genuily and that Molly,not BBC or Uk lol

adriana gabriela
adriana gabriela
7 years ago

Eugene you DO really belleve that the bets are so accurate ?Sorry darling without upseting you or offende you ,i dont belleve that much in bets like you do.The rest of EUROPE will have a say and im very sure the bets are not the rest of EUROPE.

adriana gabriela
adriana gabriela
7 years ago

Dont like this version at all ,like the first one

varsenik
7 years ago

I see the winner (Sweden maybe or UK). This year is for UK in EV contest. Its one of my favs and my top 3 now
1. UK
2. Sweden
3. Hungary

Agiwe
Agiwe
7 years ago

Hmm i don’t get the fuss about this song. I kinda find her voice irritating.. don’t like the song at all…

GVFLONDON
GVFLONDON
7 years ago

Our BEST entry in a long long time ! Catchy, contemporary, fresh and Molly can definitely sing ! We deserve to win this year !

Nick Johnson
7 years ago

I LOVE this song! I must admit I think the live version is a lot stronger. Her voice is gritty and flawless and on 10th May, this song will certainly get the crowd going! This is without doubt the best UK entry in years, so lets hope Europe vote fairly and at least give Molly the votes she deserves. As a Brit, I would support the UK regardless, but I really do think that we could bring it home on the night with this song. Not my favourite entry this year though, I adore Ruth Lorenzo’s DITR and Mei Finegold’s… Read more »

Eugene UK
Eugene UK
7 years ago

That’s right the Graham Norton show is not live. Molly recorded her performance on 1st April. The COTU single is released on 28th April and Molly’s performance on the GN Show will be screened on 2nd May. The aim is that Molly could be number one in the UK singles chart on Final day and who knows maybe across Europe too.

Everything seems to be strategically and meticulously planned this year to the minute detail by the BBC. The BBC want it.

Dar
Dar
7 years ago

Oh ok . Sorry about misunderstanding..

Robyn
Robyn
7 years ago

According to Wikipedia, the Molly episode of the Graham Norton Show will screen on 2 May – just over a week before she performs in Copenhagen.

andycard
andycard

@Dar

It was recorded on the 1st April, and graham norton said it was brilliant on his twitter and a lot of people who were there in the audience who saw the performance said it was good as well…..

Dar
Dar
7 years ago

@ Andycard she has not preformed on graham norton .. Kylie minogue did ..

Leon
Leon
7 years ago

When I think of the coincidental political aspects of this contest, I think UK is going to win (surprisingly in the past 5 years, all the countries that have won have been the ones that actually could host the show). I think UK will win, but if in all fairness, I think that the Swedish and the Armenian songs are better. I’m pretty sure Sweden DOES not want to spend another $15 million on hosting the show, and Armenia, well, can they afford it?

Jacob
Jacob
7 years ago

One of my favourite this year. In the end, UK has sent modern, really good song. Maybe to win ? Possible. All can happen. So difficult thing, but if Germany as country from Western Europe won 4 years ago, Molly can truly fight for victory. Hungary, Sweden or Armenia rather won’t win and the most chances has UK I think. Good luck from Poland !

andycard
andycard
7 years ago

I have heard that her performance on Graham Norton was amazing

7 years ago

i will buy it. It has the winner potential but it’s such a weird year, nobody knows exactly who’s gonna win (laughing at Armenia being the #1 favorite entry)

ayka
7 years ago

good luck from Azerbaijan ? think may be winner this year

Eugene UK
Eugene UK
7 years ago

Hi Timselvision – We agree then!!!

Timselvision
Timselvision
7 years ago

@Eugene: Oh lol, I thought you meaned that Armenia never won the real contest… Armenia is my favorite this year, so I agree this song as potential – but I think UK´s song will be more winner-ish and may get more votes from non-ESC watchers :p

Med
Med
7 years ago

You are clearly lifting this song so much high, to near invisibility from the radar. Gosh, this song is not worth the appraisal you’re giving.

Eugene UK
Eugene UK
7 years ago

Hi Timselvision – Ha Ha – Do you honestly really think the Armenians would “fix” all the polls, the Youtube views, the Bookie odds and everything else? If it was a rubbish song I would agree with you. The song has several negatives, but I really rate the song. I think it’s in the mix, but I’m not sure it’s a genuine favourite yet. Still 5 weeks to go and we will get a good clue as to what is really going.

Timselvision
Timselvision

@Eugene UK: lol Armenia never won 😛

Eugene UK
Eugene UK
7 years ago

Haha well done Willy – Only you can get the words like “breathiness”, “phone-sex-operator”, “tribal”, “inner Cave Man” and “Atilla the Hun” in one article. You did not mention the Henna tattoo though!! She does look warrior like……….well it is an anti war song.

More like Top 5 material, perhaps Top 3 and perhaps who knows?

“Hopes on the horizon”

When it’s your turn, it’s your turn, (or is it Armenia’s or Sweden’s AGAIN!!??)

Timselvision