If our readers are a barometer of European attitudes, then Ireland’s Can-Linn feat. Kasey Smith and Greece’s Freaky Fortune feat. Riskykidd will battle it out to win the second semi-final of Eurovision 2014.
Since we opened our second semi-final poll on March 20, our readers have cast a total of 32,675 votes. Ireland’s Can-linn earned an impressive 12,531 votes, or 39% of all those cast. Kasey, who is a front-runner to win Eurovision’s Next Top Model 2014, is looking fierce and sounding great. When our readers climb the rainbow, they don’t want a pot of gold. They want Miss Kasey Smith, y’all!
Greece’s Freaky Fortune, who bounce on a trampoline during their performance, finished in second with our readers. They earned 11,505 votes, or around 35% of all those cast. Interestingly, they are 1-2-3 in our search for Eurovision’s Next Top Male Model. Are our readers voting for the song or for their looks? Either way, they are bringing the heat—and it may lift them to the top.
Following the first dress rehearsal of the second semi-final in Copenhagen this morning, betting agencies across Europe named Romania’s Paula Seling & Ovi the favourites to win the semi. Our readers also rate them highly, putting them in third place. They earned 2,272 votes, or around 7%.
Who will win the second semi-final at Eurovision 2014?
- Ireland: Can-linn feat Kasey Smith with “Heartbeat”: 12,531 votes, 38.35%
- Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. Riskykidd with “Rise Up”: 11,505 votes, 35.21%
- Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi with “Miracle”: 2,272 votes, 6.95%
- Slovenia: Tinkara Kovach with “Spet/Round and Round”: 902 votes, 2.76%
- Israel: Mei Finegold with “Same Heart”: 807 votes, 2.47%
- Malta: Firelight with “Coming Home”: 707 votes, 2.16%
- Norway: Carl Espen with “Silent Storm”: 693 votes, 2.12%
- Austria: Conchita Wurst with “Rise like a Phoenix”: 669 votes, 2.05%
- Poland: Donatan and Cleo with “Slavic Girls”: 647 votes, 1.98% 1
- FYR Macedonia: Tijana Dapcevic with “To the Sky”: 453 votes, 1.39%
- Finland: Softengine with “Something Better”: 413 votes, 1.26%
- Switzerland: Sebalter with “Hunter of Stars”: 329 votes, 1.01%
- Georgia: The Shin with “Three Minutes to Earth”: 290 votes, 0.89%
- Lithuania: Vilija Mataciunaite with “Attention”: 269 votes, 0.82%
- Belarus: Teo with “Cheesecake”: 188 votes, 0.58%
Willy Lee Adams contributed this report from Copenhagen. Follow him on Twitter @willyleeadams. You can also keep up with the latest Eurovision news and gossip by following wiwibloggs.com on Twitter and Facebook.
Photos: Andres Putting (EBU)