Eurovision fans demonstrated mixed feelings towards Russia at Eurovision this year—and the Tolmachevy Twins felt the heat. They earned a top 10 finish and received 12 points from Azerbaijan and Belarus, but the audience booed both times. Given fans negative feelings toward Russia at the moment, who in Russia would be happy to put themselves in the line of fire at Eurovision 2015?
We have the answer: Bring back the Tolmachevy Sisters! Team Wiwi can think of not one, but 28 reasons why the fabulous duo should pack their bags and hop on a plane to Austria next May. Come on Russia 1, answer our prayers: We’re Team Tolmachevy!
1. They deserve a second chance after receiving such a frosty reception in Copenhagen.
2. The Tolmachevy see-saw thrilled us in Copenhagen, and we want to see more playground equipment at Eurovision. Will 2015 be the year of the carousel?
3. We’d rather have them sing at Eurovision than Intervision.
4. Isn’t it tradition for twins to return to Eurovision? If Jedward can do it, then so can Mariya and Anastasia!
5. The could make history as the first singers to win Junior Eurovision and Eurovision!
6. Because maybe they’ll bring back Rui Andrade, who is seriously sexy.
7. They could enter the arena sitting on a psychedelic bird, like they did in 2009.
8. “Shine” reached 7th place. Could attempt 2 bring them a victory?
9. They could redeem themselves with the wiwi jury after the mess that was “Shine”.
10. Whether you like their songs or not, there’s no denying those girls can sing!
11. We get to see more fabulous matching outfits.
12. There could be a blossoming friendship between the twins and Conchita.
13. We’d finally get the chance to interview them. We could only catch Rui in Copenhagen, but at least the twins appear in the background.
14. Philip Kirkorov could write their song.
15. Maybe they’ll tie their hair together in a single braid again…
16. It’d save us from a four hour Russian National Selection TV show.
17. They’ll likely bring some more fierce dance moves, like the knee-bend-and-punch motion when they sang, “Nothing’s gonna bring me down, bring me down…”
18. Because a conjoined weave needs to BE a reality, not just a ponytail-based illusion.
19. A second outing for the silk kimono get-up is a MUST.
20. Everyone deserves a chance to improve on a bad dye-job (y’all have a LOT of improving to do).
21. Staging with mirrors to give the impression of Tolmachevy Octuplets like in their postcard.
22. So they can each sing equal parts because there was no vocal equality on stage this year.
23. We can see more of Anastasia’s fabulous backstage selfies on her facebook page.
24. More of their crazy fans can come to Austria to support them.
25. They could cover next year’s Eurovision songs too!
26. They could show Eurovision is about music rather than politics by taking pictures with Ukraine’s 2015 participant. (Let’s hope they’re as lovely as Mariya Yaremchuk!)
27. They celebrated our 5th birthday with us this year, they can wish us happy birthday again next year! (Skip to 10:18 below).
28. We’d have another chance to practise telling the difference between them.
What do you think? Would you LOVE to hear the twins sing at Eurovision 2015?
You can see more of our lists by clicking here.