A couple of weeks ago, we shared the music videos for the potential Dutch entries for Junior Eurovision this November and asked you to vote for your favorites. We have tallied the votes, and are super pleased to announce that Julia and her song “Around” have won the poll with a whopping 36% of the votes. The other 64% were shared by the other seven contestants.

Julia’s song is a trance number, showing that the BeNeLux niche extends to children’s music. In her video Julia hangs in the park, walking in her Converse kicks and her supertrendy pink hat. This is quite the difference from her live audition, where she sang a slower, more lounge-like version while playing the piano.

In second place is Sebastiaan with “2gether We Are One”. Although he might be a full year late with the “We Are One” theme, and used the extremely tacky number two in the title, we’ll forgive him. It’s also a dance number, but with cheesier lyrics. In his video, he sings while hanging out on the bleachers and on the basketball court. Check it out:

Ironically, Sem’s “Jij Staat Op Nummer 1” (You Are Number One), came in last place, with only 5% of the votes. Confident song titles don’t seem to do well by the Eurovision crowd.

The semi-final allocation for Junior Songfestival was completed after we launched our poll. On September 13, supercute siblings Ella en Bobby, soulful Suze, spectacular Sem, and “little Gaia 2.0” Chelsea (none of whom came in our top 3) will compete for two spots for the final.

The next week, Anne en Anique, Sebastiaan, Julia, and Beau will compete for another two spots. A fifth spot in the final will be chosen by a wildcard.

Who Should Win Junior Songfestival? Full Results:

  1. Julia “Around” – 36% – 86 votes
  2. Sebastiaan “2gether We Are One” – 13% – 32 votes
  3. Anne en Anique “Dromen” – 12% – 28 votes
  4. Chelsea “Waarom” – 11% – 27 votes
  5. Suze “Holiday” – 10% – 23 votes
  6. Ella en Bobby “Hard to Explain” – 7% – 17 votes
  7. Beau “De Wind” – 6% – 15 votes
  8. Sem “Jij Staat Op Nummer 1” – 5% – 11 votes

“Around” Lyrics – Julia

Ineens zie ik je voor me staan
Daar ben je dan
Wat is je naam
Baby
Je lach verraadt wat jij verwacht
Maar hoe kan het dan
Dat jij weer gaat
Baby

Vrienden,
Ze roepen, je weet wat ze bedoelen
Maar je doet het niet
Nee, doet het niet
Je vindt me, je zoekt me
Je wil me wel ontmoeten
Maar je durft het niet
Nee, durft het niet

Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around
Baby you go eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around
Baby you go eh-eh-eh-eh-eh

Even kom je dichterbij
Daar ben je dan
Je kijkt naar mij
Ik lijk de zon die in je ogen schijnt
Maar hoe kan het dan
Dat jij weer draait

Vrienden,
Ze roepen, je weet wat ze bedoelen
Maar je doet het niet
Nee, doet het niet
Je vindt me, je zoekt me
Je wil me wel ontmoeten
Maar je durft het niet
Nee, durft het niet

Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around
Baby you go eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around

Round and around and around and around
Want jij gaat round and around and around
Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around
Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around
Baby you go eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around
Baby you go eh-eh-eh-eh-eh

eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around
Baby you go eh-eh-eh-eh-eh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Running around and around
Baby you go eh-eh-eh-eh-eh

You can follow all of our Junior Eurovision 2014 coverage by clicking here

7 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Yudhistira Mahasena
7 years ago

I’m not into Julia. I’m still into Sebastian. He will be the second male singer to be in JESC 2014! Other than Vincenzo. I also suggest Rustam Karimov to return for Azerbaijan this year and Denis Midone for Moldova.

Olaf
Olaf
7 years ago

Okay I honestly don’t get the hype about Julia… I prefer Chelsea, Suze and Anne&Annique

Ilias
Ilias
7 years ago

Julia FTW she is also my fav 😀

Timselvision
Timselvision
7 years ago

It’s either Julia or Chelsea for us… Little girl with a great voice & poppy Dutch songs always did well at JESC xD

Jesper
Jesper
7 years ago

As far as I know, and I’ve lived in The Netherlands for my whole life, does ‘Jij Staat Op Nummer 1’ translates as ‘You’re at number 1’. Jij means you, ik means I. Cheers from a Dutch guy

beccaboo1212
7 years ago

Okay. I don’t care if she wins.