The 2014 Swiss representative, Sebalter, may have sang “looking for a candidate / you have an option / only one choice”, but when it comes to finding his successor, the Alpine nation actually has three. As in previous years, the national final will be made up of contestants drawn from three different selection processes organised by the German speaking SRF, the French speaking RTS and the Italian speaking RSI. It may officially be winter, but things are starting to heat up big time.
SRF Voting Opens
For the past month we’ve been able to listen to the online submissions, but as of 10am (CET) this morning, we can finally vote for our favourites. And voting is open to everyone, regardless of your country of origin. Click HERE to listen to all the entries and vote. But be careful, you only have four votes; use them wisely. The poll closes at 8am (CET) on 17 November, so don’t delay.
We’ve already been talking to a selection of the hopefuls, click their names to read more.
- Michael James “Boom“
- Kevin Charm “Wonderful“
- Kate “When The Good Die Young“
- Kitty Brucknell “Yearning”
RTS Reveal Longlist
Over the weekend RTS, the French language channel, published a 26 candidate longlist. A professional jury will reduce this down to 12. The number will be halved again during a special radio show scheduled for 20 November. The 26 hopefuls are listed below, and you can hear their songs by clicking HERE.
- Matthieu Blanchette – Bring back the moon
- Celia – Letter to myself
- Licia Chery – Fly
- Claudia – Can’t you let me go
- Electrum&Elisir – My muse
- Michael James – Boom!
- Jyaleen – Say hello
- Gisel de Marco – Teasing you
- Emannuel Leman – Silence
- Lorenzo Marra – Life is about moments
- Ricky Novak – Un drôle de rêve
- Angie Ott – Libre comme l’air
- Mélanie René – Time to shine
- Sajadi – Après la pluie
- Sajadi – Dis-moi quand
- Shana P. – Kevlar heart
- Veronica Singh – Sparks of sun
- Sosofluo – Wedding rain
- Taken By Storm – Moonlight
- Tosca – Water in the desert
- Roman Veda et Dan Sign Sing – Signe-moi
- Zéphyr Combo – Avide du soleil
- Alenko – Même si tout s’en va
- Anach Cuan – Hurdy gurdy girls
- Ascomusic – Le monde d’après
- Bastoun – Le jour se lève
RSI Announce Jury Members
RSI, the Italian language broadcaster, has received 28 submissions for Vienna. These will be narrowed down to three by a professional panel consisting of Paolo Meneguzzi (Switzerland 2008), Iris Mone and Simone Tomassini. RSI found the winning entry last year; can they do the same again?
18 acts ( nine from SRF/RTR, three from RSI, and six from RTS) will audition live in front of yet another jury. 18 will become six (three from RTR/SRF, one from RSI, and twp from RTS). And finally after all this, the six will perform in the Swiss National final on 31 January, where one will win the right represent Switzerland at Eurovision 2015.
Phew, we’re exhausted already!
YOU CAN FOLLOW ALL OF OUR SWITZERLAND EUROVISION 2015 NEWS HERE.
Additional reporting by Padraig Muldoon