You’ve heard their entries. You’ve even voted in our poll. And after a fantastic opening from this year’s Junior Eurovision representative Federica Falzon, all 20 semi-finalists performed in tonight’s semi-final. The show was hosted by Daniel Chircop and Lyona Xuereb Gatt and took place at the Marsa Shipbuilding, which hosted this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest last week. However, only 14 acts can progress to tomorrow’s final. And so, in the order they were announced on the show, here are your Malta Eurovision Song Contest finalists…
Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2014-2015 Finalists
Chris Grech – “Closed Doors”
Glen Vella – “Breakaway”
Jessika – “Fandango”
Trilogy – “Chasing a Dream”
Christabelle – “Rush”
Franklin – “Still Here”
Lawrence Gray – “The One That You Love”
Karen DeBattista – “12, Baker Street”
Daniel Testa – “Something in the Way”
Dominic – “Once In a While”
L-Ahwa – “Beautiful to Me”
Amber – “Warrior”
Deborah C – “It’s OK”
Ekklesia Sisters – “Love & Let Go”
Sadly, we’ll have to say goodbye to Lyndsay, Iona Dalli, Raquel, Domenique, Danica Muscat and Corazon. A expert panel of five juries each evaluate the entries, making up 83% of the overall vote. The other 17% comes from the televoting results. The voting method also applies to tomorrow’s final.
Update: During the press conference straight after the semi-final, it’s been confirmed that Glen Vella will start the show and Daniel Testa will be the last to perform.
What do you think of tonight’s result? Do you agree with the lucky finalists? Let us know in the comments!