After months of build-up, a last-minute cancellation, and two fabulous semi-finals, Albania has finally picked its entry for Eurovision 2015. Elhaida Dani won Festivali i Këngës 53 with the song “Diell” and will be represent the Land of Eagles at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015!
Elhaida, who previously won The Voice of Italy with over 70% of the public vote, was considered a favourite from the very beginning. (Editor’s note: Wiwiblogger Ramadan — he’s @ESCRamadan on Twitter — actually wrote an editorial calling for her to win FiK before she was even announced as a contestant. How crazy is that?)
It’s not just because she’s famous either. She’s got Mariah Carey-esque vocals and, with a little bit of re-mastering and editing, her song could be a strong contender in Vienna.
Festivali i Këngës 53: The results
1. Elhaida Dani – Diell (82 points)
2. Bojken Lako Band – Të ndjej (62 pts)
3. Lindita Halimi – S’të fal (45 pts)
4. Besiana Mehmedi & Shkodran Tolaj – Kështjella (31 pts)
5. Marsela Çibukaj – S’muj (28 pts)
6. Gjergj Leka – Himn (24 pts)
7. Rezarta Smaja – Më rrëmbe (23 pts)
8. Mjellma Berisha – Sot jetoj (22 pts)
9. Venera Lumani – Dua të jetoj (20 pts)
10. Emi Bogdo – Një femër (18 pts)
11. Erga Halilaj – Ti s’më njeh (15 pts)
12. Enver Petrovci – Të vranë bukuri (12 pts)
= Jozefina Simoni – Mendje trazi (12 pts)
14. Altin Goci – Rock për gjithë jetën (9 pts)
15. Saimir Braho – Kristal (3 pts)
16. Klajdi Musabelliu – Vetëm te ti besoj (0 pt)
= Estela Brahimllari – Kjo natë (0 pt)
= Agim Poshka – Në rrugën tonë (0 pt)
The winner’s performance
Guest performances (Photos via Rona Nishliu)
In the absence of Alexander Rybak, who pulled out citing stress and fatigue, Albanian juror Rona Nishliu stepped in and delivered an amazing performance. She had so much energy and power! It’s seriously like she is hiding a chorus of singers in her hair.
We had four lovely Albanian girls from the RTSH orchestra open the grand final of Festivali i Këngës 53. It was an outstanding performance to open the festival.
Elhaida’s winning moment (Photos via OGAE Kosovo)
There were other awards handed out during the show. The best interpretation of Festivali i Këngës 53 was “Himn”, sun by Gjergy Leka and Offchestra winning the pop jury award.
YOU CAN FOLLOW ALL OF OUR ALBANIA EUROVISION 2015 NEWS HERE.
What do you think of tonight’s winner? Do you agree with the results?