Attention! CyBC has changed the transmission hour of the Eurovision Song Project. Tonight at 21:20 CET you will have the chance to watch the first semi-final, or Eurochallenge 1, the next step before the grand final in two weeks. Former Miss Universe Cyprus Antri Karantoni will welcome us half-naked (see it for youselves in the trailer below). And Cyprus will welcome two guest judges who are legends in the Eurovision world: Dimitris Kontopoulos (composer for Ukraine 2008 — “Shady Lady” — and writer for Greece 2009 “This Is Our Night”) and Christer Bjorkman (executive producer of Melodifestivalen). You can watch the show here.
Reporters from foreign countries head to Cyprus for the semis! (Okay, not really, but we appreciate the gag from CyBC).
#EurovisionCY ? ????? ??? ??????? ??? ??? Eurovision ??? ??? pic.twitter.com/nKfLgezmqX
— Klitos Klitou (@KlitosKlitou) January 14, 2015
1) Eva Diva – “Come and Fight for Freedom”
2) Aimili Charalambous – “Right In”
3) Charalampos “Luna” Iosif – “I Wanna Dance” (I Say Tempo)
4) Maria Evangelou – “Still”
5) Christina Tselepou – “In These Arms”
6) Valence – “Scared”
7) Pieros Kezou – “Said It All Before”
8) Maria Maskofian and Christiana X’ Ioardanous – “Sailing Ships Pirates And Dragons”
9) Ioanna Protopapa – “Beat Of My Heart”
10) Eleni Irakleous – “Dawn”
11) Doody – “Magic”
12) Nearchos Evangelou feat. Charis Savva – “Deila Den Agapo”
13) Christos Rialas – “Meine”
14) Minus One – “Shine”
15) Giannis Karagiannis – “One thing I Should Have Done”
16) Apollonia – “Don’t give up on me – Just yet”
17) Yuri Melikov – “Victorious”
18) Hovig – “Stone In A River”
19) Panagiotis Koufogiannis – “Without Your Love”
20) Kyriakos Georgiou – “Shake Dat”
For the first time, we will listen to the full version of all competing songs. In the end, the jury will come up with the 10 entries that make it to Eurochallenge 2 next Friday!
I started watch the program. No show. Still auditions and all light on the jury! OMG! Horrible program, really really bad!
MTD, it probably has something to do with the ability to find private sponsors. The longer the show, the more commercials they can air. But I can see that it would take some preparation to find the companies and sign the contracts.
I hope it will be Maria Evangelou. I like her vocal style a lot, and I think Cyprus could benefit by sending a retro song like hers–it worked for Malta, after all.
Antri Karantoni is welcome to be as naked as she likes anytime by me!
The thing is, she is a better singer herself than half the contestants anyway. I dare say she would be one of the top ten if she was competing.
This program and also next Eurochallenge is recorded back in last year and the 10 tonight and also which of them are in the final is already choosed. Also will say that the jury have too much focus the artist stand as fools like in some talent audition show and it’s a shame both for them and the Cypriot broadcast company
Lol @ Swedish songs comment.
Okay, how many Swedish songs have been submitted?
I was always amazed of the fact that TV broadcasters that had financial difficulties with years in the past, suddenly do/make big projects in selecting their entry for ESC. Did they suddenly rob the bank or? Cyprus, Latvia, Slovenia, to name a few.
This will be exciting 😀