It’s only been one month since Georgia selected its Eurovision 2015 singer Nina Sublatti, and she’s already making a major splash. Thus far her loyal warriors have been the most vocal on social media and they seem to be saying in unison, “All hail, all hail!” The praise and adulation is about to get a lot louder. That’s because yesterday she uploaded her debut album “Dare to be Nina Sublatti” on YouTube. The CD was released back in June 2014, but now she’s making it accessible to her fans all over the world — and for free!
Nina secured the album deal from Company “Beeline” after winning “Georgia’s Star 2013” (Georgian Idol), and recorded it with Bravo Records. It’s 35-minutes of edgy pop-rock-alt-avant-garde realness. There are five covers of world hits (including songs by Tori Amos and Lana Del Rey), which was a condition of the contract. The album was a real surprise for listeners of different ages and tastes.
Nina is working on the second album now.
“Dareare To Be Nina Sublatti”
1. Easy – 00:00–02:53
2. Give Me Some Time – 02:55–06:03
3. To The Empires – 06:06–09:58
4. Go Wrong – 10:00–13:03
5. Fall Out Law – 13:04–16:27
6. Cornflake Girl (Tori Amos Cover) – 16:28–19:58
7. Blue Jeans (Lana Del Rey Cover) – 20:00–23:50
8. Uninvited (Alanis Morissette Cover) – 23:54–27:17
9. Naiarevs (Irakli Charkviani Cover) – 27:19–31:10
10. Blower’s Daughter (Damien Rice Cover) – 31:14–35:58
Nina will, of course, sing the song “Warrior” at Eurovision 2015.
Here’s how we called the national final in Georgia.