The new girls on the scene certainly rocked our weekly Eurovision 2015 poll, as Bojana Stamanov and María Ólafsdóttir placed in the top three in their first week in the voting. Of course, the lady of the hour was, once again, Nina Sublatti. She has never lost our poll since debuting in January.
EUROVISION 2015: FAVOURITE ACT SO FAR RESULTS (FEBRUARY 17)
1. Nina Sublatti, “Warrior”: 1,447 votes, 31% (=)
2. Bojana Stamanov, ““Ceo svet je moj”“: 602 votes, 13% (New)
3. María Ólafsdóttir, “Unbroken”: 531 votes, 11% (New)
4. Trijntje Oosterhuis, “Walk Along”: 444 votes, 8% (-1)
5. Amber, “Warrior”: 371 votes, 8% (-3)
6. Elhaida Dani, “Diell”: 312 votes, 6% (-1)
7. Lisa Angell, “N’oubliez pas”: 263 votes, 6% (=)
8. Daniel Kajmakoski, “Lisja esenski”: 243 votes, 5% (-4)
9. Mélanie René, “Time to Shine”: 171 votes, 4% (-3)
10. Anti Social Media, “The Way You Are“: 121 votes, 3% (-2)
11. Uzari and Maimuna, “Time”: 120 votes, 3% (-2)
12. Giannis Karagiannis, “One Thing I Should Have Done”: 83 votes, 2% (-2)
Total votes cast: 4,708
Nina is polling much the same numbers here as she has in recent weeks, which means that her fanbase is dedicated to this cause. Bojana and María seem to have picked up their votes from the other acts – in particular, Trijntje Oosterhuis and Amber. Our Maltese warrior in particular lost close to 8oo votes from the previous week’s poll: no matter how you look at it, that’s nasty y’all!
Elhaida Dani‘s “Diell” ends its Eurovision life cycle in the top half of the poll, with confirmation having come through that Elhaida is changing her song altogether now. Both Elhaida and Lisa Angell polled higher numbers than in previous weeks which would seem to be a good sign for them.
Lower down the rosters, Daniel Kajmakoski takes a big hit, whilst the other acts have also given away a handful of voters each to the new girls in charge.
So, what do you think of the results? Are you surprised to see Bojana and María doing so well and do you think that any of the four acts joining the next poll – Elina & Stig, Il Volo, Vaidas & Monika and Aminata – can finally topple Nina Sublatti? Let us know in the comments or on our Twitter!