Whoever says Eurovision and its selection shows are irrelevant and only popular among diehard Eurofans needs to take a look at the Melodifestivalen 2015 voting results. This year Swedes cast a total of 14,426,739 votes during their national selection contest, showing interest is higher than ever. SVT has pulled out the most interesting nuggets here — see, for instance, the fact that Magnus Carlsson actually trailed Samir & Viktor after the first round of voting in their heat. You can also download the complete results in .pdf format here.
Other highlights, as described by SVT:
- Eric Saade, Mariette, Jon Henrik Fjällgren and Måns Zelmerlöw won their heats
- Jessica Andersson, Magnus Carlsson, Isa and JTR finished as runners-up in their heats
- Dolly Style, Samir & Viktor, Andreas Weise and Hasse Andersson finished in third place in their heats
- Behrang feat. Victor Crone, Linus Svenning, Kristin Amparo and Dinah Nah placed fourth to scrape into Andra Chansen
- Eric Saade had the highest percentage of votes in a single heat with 36.71% of the evening’s 1,222,692 votes. Yohio, however, still holds the record: In Karlskrona 2013 he earned 47.2% of the votes. Mans Zelmerlöw recorded the second best percentage with 30%.
- Mans Zelmerlöw earned the highest number of votes in a heat with 771,423 in race four.
- He also had the largest margin of victory. His 771,423 votes put him 385, 521 ahead of JTR.
Melodifestivalen 2015 Results
You may need to zoom in on your screen to read these. Alternatively, click on the image to blow it up.