It’s with a heavy heart that we have said goodbye to this year’s national finals season, which has proven to be one of the most exciting, controversial and beaver-filled of all time. So here at wiwibloggs, we thought we would honour the Eurovision 2015 national selections by giving them one last look.
For the next five days, we will be counting down our Top 30 entries that did not qualify for Eurovision 2015, with a total of twelve countries represented in the list. We’re also not saying that these songs should have gone to Eurovision over the actual song representing the country in every case – just that it was still our jam, y’all!
You can click on the name of each artist to find our Wiwi Jury review, written ahead of the song’s national selection contest.
30. “Mot mig i Gamla stan” – Magnus Carlsson (Sweden)
29. “Mesmerize” – Passed (Hungary)
28. “Suitcase” – Anne Gaddegard (Denmark)
27. “Thunderstruck” – Erlend Bratland (Norway)
26. “Fire” – IV (Hungary)
25. “Take Me Down” – Markus Riva (Latvia)
24. “Stone in a River” – Hovig (Cyprus)
23. “Don’t Say No” – Midnight Boy (Sweden)
22. “Next to You” – Jenny Langlo (Norway)
21. “Memories” – Nikki Kavanagh (Ireland)
That’s our first ten acts from the national final season out of the way then – do you agree with where these songs placed? Who do you think is still in with a shot of winning? Let us know in the comments section or on our Twitter and Facebook pages!