The women competing at the Eurovision Song Contest all dream of following in the footsteps of Celine Dion, Loreen and Conchita Wurst. But the savvy among them know that success and fame can follow no matter what happens. That’s one of the reasons we launched Eurovision’s Next Top Model six years ago. Eurovision comes and goes, but these women will all leave the contest with their charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent. Some will disappear into the pop ether. Others will turn their 15 minutes of fame into a lifetime.
As of April 6, our readers had cast more than 21,000 votes in the semi-final of Eurovision’s Next Top Model — the premier online modeling contest for the women competing at Eurovision. Twenty-nine ladies want to win, but we only have room for 14 in the finals. We’re using your votes to assess the stragglers, and then we use our exptertise to give the ladies the final chop.
This week your votes kept 23 women alive. Among them is Tamar Kaprelian, the stunning Genealogy singer who channels high fashion New York. Then there’s Edurne, who plays Hellenic Warrior just as well as she plays Spanish tigress. And we forget Nina Sublatti, this year’s edgiest contestant who knows how to make tats look elegant. Then there is Debrah Scarlet, a pale goddess who makes ivory work for her.
From the bottom six our jury saved two contestants. We won’t reveal which four ladies were sent packing. To find out you’ll need to watch our first elimination below.
SPOILER ALERT: The results are also posted at the end of this post, so don’t scroll down too far if you want to keep it a surprise.
The first elimination
Results as of 6 April 2015
- Armenia: Tamar Kaprelian (Genealogy) 2,391 votes, 11.35%
- Georgia: Nina Sublatti 1,972 9.35%
- Spain: Edurne 1,971 9.35%
- Armenia: Stephanie Topalian (Genealogy) 1,629 7.73%
- Armenia: Inga Arshakyan (Genealogy) 1,526 7.24%
- Armenia: Mary-Jean O’Doherty (Genealogy) 1,409 6.69%
- Albania: Elhaida Dani 1,114 5.29%
- Russia: Polina Gagarina 870 4.13%
- Malta: Amber Bondin 821 3.9%
- Ireland: Molly Sterling 636 3.02%
- Norway: Debrah Scarlett 633 3%
- Iceland: María Ólafs 575 2.73%
- Estonia: Elina Born 526 2.5%
- Hungary: Boggie 521 2.47%
- Belarus: Maimuna 517 2.45%
- Portugal: Leonor Andrade 442 2.1%
- Greece: Maria-Elena Kyriakou 441 2.09%
- Lithuania: Monika Linkyte 425 2.02%
- Slovenia: Marjetika (Maraaya) 376 1.78%
- Switzerland: Mélanie René 354 1.68%
- Poland: Monika Kuszynska 325 1.54%
- Latvia: Aminata Savadogo 271 1.29%
- The Netherlands: Trijntje Oosterhuis 269 1.28%
- Germany: Ann Sophie 226 1.07% [Saved by the Jury]
- Czech Republic: Marta Jandová 225 1.07% [Eliminated]
- France: Lisa Angell 202 0.96% [Eliminated]
- UK: Bianca Nicholas 172 0.82% [Eliminated]
- San Marino: Anita Simoncini 125 0.59%[Saved by the Jury]
- Serbia: Bojana Stamenov 110 0.52% [Eliminated]
The semi-final of Eurovision’s Next Top Model 2015 will remain open until April 27. You can vote here.