On March 22 we asked YOU to start voting for your favourites to win Eurovision 2015 semi final 1. As of 15:40CET on April 21, a total of 60, 271 votes have been cast. The last time we checked in Belgium‘s Loic Nottet and Russia‘s Polina Gagarina were in a neck-and-neck race for victory. The dynamic duo remain out in front on 9549 and 9473 respectively. Unfortunately for Loic and Polina, they are NOT ALONE (hey, Aram Mp3!).
Albania‘s Elhaida Dani and Estonia‘s Elina & Stig have both broken 9000 votes and closed last month’s gap. With Elhaida on 9285 and Elina & Stig on 9235, Albania and Estonia have turned this into a four-horse race to the finish.
There could be a fifth candidate on the horizon too. Georgia‘s Nina Sublatti rounds out your Top 5 of semi final 1 with 7396 votes, or 13% of all votes cast thus far. This warrior is going to war.
The qualifiers from the poll remain the SAME as last update. That means currently Armenia, Greece, Romania, Serbia and the Netherlands should join the Top 5 in the grand final of Eurovision 2015. Belarus, F.Y.R Macedonia, Denmark, Hungary, Finland and Moldova should fail to advance to the grand final as a result.
That can ALL CHANGE though. The Netherlands’ Trijnte Oosterhuis only has a slender 0.15% margin over eleventh place Belarus and the poll will remain open until the eve of Semi Final 1 in May.
Current standings: Semi Final 1 (as of 5 April)
- Belgium: Loïc Nottet with “Rhythm Inside” 15.84% (9,549 votes)
- Russia: Polina Gagarina with “A Million Voices” 15.72% (9,473 votes)
- Albania: Elhaida Dani with “I’m Alive” 15.41% (9,285 votes)
- Estonia: Elina & Stig with “Goodybe to Yesterday” 15.32% (9,235 Votes)
- Georgia: Nina Sublatti with “Warrior” 12.27% (7,396 Votes)
- Armenia: Genealogy with “Face the Shadow” 7.77% (4,681 Votes)
- Greece: Maria-Elena Kyriakou with “One Last Breath”
- Romania: Voltaj with “De La Capat”
- Serbia: Bojana Stamenov with “Beauty Never Lies”
- The Netherlands: Trijntje Oosterhuis with “Walk Along”
- Belarus: Uzari and Maimuna With “Time”
- FYR Macedonia: Daniel Kajmakoski with “Lisja esenski”
- Denmark: Anti Social Media with “The Way You Are”
- Hungary: Boggie with “Wars for Nothing” 0.87% 0.9% (541 votes)
- Finland: Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät with “Aina mun pitää”
- Moldova: Eduard Romanyuta with “I Want Your Love”
Total Votes: 60,271
This poll is open until the eve of the semi-final in May so make sure you vote!
What do you think of the results? Do our readers have it right?