Some say that real men don’t cry. But the men competing to win Eurovision’s Next Top Male Model 2015 sure do. In recent weeks they have poured blood, sweat and plenty of tears into our competition—the world’s premier online modeling contest for the men competing at the Eurovision Song Contest. They’ve strained muscles working out. They’ve had to eat lean protein and vegetables instead of cheesecake. And they’ve had to drink water instead of alcohol. We’ve already sent six men packing. And today, as we bring our semi-finals to a close, 10 more men will join them in the cold. The second elimination of Eurovision’s Next Top Male Model begins now.
Twenty-three mostly attractive men stand before me, but I only have 16 photos in my hands. These photos represent the 16 of you who are still in the running to become Eurovision’s Next Top Male Model. Those of you whose name I do not call must immediately return to the House of Wiwi, pack up your protein powder, and go home.
Our readers cast a total of 52,773 votes in the semi-finals. The man finishing in first place earned a staggering 28,061 of them. He’s singing a song called “This Time” and our readers definitely think it’s his time to work the runway. He is Lithuania’s Vaidas Baumila.
Congratulations, Vaidas. You’re still in the running to become Eurovision’s Next Top Male Model.
In second, third, and fourth place this week we have three men who make up one single group. Yes, they may compete as a trio at Eurovision, but on the runway they are three individuals with top model potential. They’re singing “Grande Amore” at Eurovision 2015 and our readers have big love for them. They are Il Volo’s Gianluca Ginoble, Ignazio Boschetto and Piero Barone.
Congratulations, Gianluca, Ginoble and Ignazio. You’re still in the running to become Eurovision’s Next Top Male Model.
Now y’all: We ain’t got time to introduce you to everyone, so here are the full results of the semi-finals. The men in bold have made the final. The finals kick off on Sunday 17 May. Voting will be reset to ZERO. The guys will need to up their game to stay in the race — even if they’re currently on top.
Poll results: Eurovision’s Next Top Male Model 2015
- Lithuania: Vaidas Baumila 53.17% (28,061 votes)
- Italy: Gianluca Ginoble (Il Volo) 12.11% (6,393 votes)
- Italy: Ignazio Boschetto (Il Volo) 7.51% (3,962 votes)
- Italy: Piero Barone (Il Volo) 5.11% (2,695 votes)
- Sweden: Måns Zelmerlöw 4.46% (2,353 votes)
- Belgium: Loïc Nottet 1.98% (1,046 votes)
- Azerbaijan: Elnur Huseynov 1.45% (766 votes)
- Norway: Mørland 1.44% (762 votes)
- Armenia: Essai Altounian (Genealogy) 1.32% (697 votes)
- Israel: Nadav Guedj 1.3% (684 votes)
- Belarus: Uzari 1.1% (582 votes)
- Australia: Guy Sebastian 1.04% (549 votes)
- Czech Republic: Václav Noid Bárta 0.97% (514 votes)
- FYR Macedonia: Daniel Kajmakoski 0.89% (470 votes)
- Estonia: Stig Rasta 0.88% (467 votes)
- Armenia: Vahe Tilbian (Genealogy) 0.72% (379 votes)
- Slovenia: Raay (Maraaya) 0.69% (364 votes)
- San Marino: Michele Perniola 0.67% (356 votes)
- Austria: Dominic Dodo Muhrer (The Makemakes) 0.49% (261 votes)
- United Kingdom: Alex Lark (Electro Velvet) 0.41% (215 votes)
- Cyprus: Giannis Karagiannis 0.34% (181 votes)
- Moldova: Eduard Romanyuta 0.3% (159 votes)
- Romania: Calin Goia (Voltaj) 0.3% (157 votes)
- Austria: Florian Meindl (The Makemakes) 0.29% (153 votes)
- Denmark: Nikolaj Tøth (Anti Social Media) 0.2% (106 votes)
- Finland: Men of Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät 0.17% (92 votes)
- Romania: Men of Voltaj [Eliminated Week 1] 0.15% (81 votes)
- Denmark: Philip Thornhill (Anti Social Media) [Eliminated Week 1] 0.14% (75 votes)
- Denmark: David Vang (Anti Social Media) [Eliminated Week 1] 0.1% (53 votes)
- Austria: Markus Christ (The MakeMakes) [Eliminated Week 1] 0.09% (50 votes)
- Denmark: Emil Vissing (Anti Social Media) [Eliminated Week 1] 0.09% (49 votes)
- Montenegro: Knez [Eliminated Week 1] 0.08% (41 votes)
Total Votes: 52,773