When Aminata Savadogo won Latvia’s “Supernova” in the spring, you could hear the explosion around Europe. And while she shined bright like a supernova, she hasn’t collapsed into a black whole of nothingness. Far from it. She came second with the juries at Eurovision and has kept a good thing going with the release of her debut album “Inner Voice”. Below, the “Love Injected” singer walks us through her album track-by-track.
Aminata on her debut album “Inner Voice”
This album reflects my personal emotions, feelings and thoughts. Each song symbolizes the mood at the moment I wrote the song. Mostly the album is dedicated to my relationships, which sometimes are very problematic… but sometimes raise me up to heaven. If you listen to all of the songs you can understand what was going on in my life, with these relationships. I usually don’t answer the questions if someone asks me about my private life in interviews, but I tell a lot in my songs. For example, check out “Leave My Love Bleeding”. Everything is quite clear in that song.
“Love injected” is a central song in the album, not because of the Eurovision, but also because this song is like a transformation, or a bridge, from being angry, broken and lost to being forgiving, loving and happy. I know that a lot of people have problems in their personal life, and there are more difficult problems in life than that of course, and maybe it’s nothing special, but it’s your problems and to you, at the exact moment, it means the whole life.
Inner Voice — Tracklist
1. “Dualism” – The beginning of problems. Can’t understand what is going on with your partner. It is like he has two sides – the good old side that I always knew, and the bad side which is indifferent to you. At these moments you cannot understand why you are dating such a person, but still you hope that everything will be fine again.
2. “Leave My Love Bleeding” – This song is very concentrated. I put all the pain and anger in it. And you know what happened? Listen to “I Can Breathe”. After this song I felt lighter. You know, women need to speak their problems to get rid of them… so I did.
3. “The Bound” – This song is about getting tired of false people who feed on your problems and try to fight instead of interacting. And you still know that there is someone you can believe and he knows what wou need…Why the ravens? Well, when you see ravens at night in your dreams, it is because you forgot something important in your life, and they try to remind you of that, and tell you to be careful…at least that’s what was written on the Internet. [Laughs]
4. “Love Injected” – As I said, this is a song of transformation. With this song, I understood that nothing happens without a reason, and if I am honest to myself, if I was so good am I the victim? No. And I still love the person, and I see how strong his love is for me. He cares for me, he does everything for me, even if I am not good to him. And his kindness is over and above all the bad things. And love wins. The video clip is full of symbols, starting from the room itself. The room is empty, destroyed, like our relationship. And we decide to burn everything – to forget it. We know it will be difficult, and it’s hard to believe each other because the previous experience was not so good… But still, we decide to burn everything bad, leave it in the past, and start the new page of the book — forgive each other and don’t act like we don’t love each other, because we still do.
5. “Land of Nibiru” – I feel free of everything… I let love inside me and I feel free. I feel like I can reach unknown territories, even fantastic territories… together with you.
6. “I Can Breathe”. – Just a funny memory. It should be at the beginning of the album! [Laughs]
7. “Cell Phone” – Well, not about relationships in general… I just hate when the person I am speaking to (guess who..) is looking at the screen of the telephone and not listening to me. But it’s funny…
8. “Let Me Know” – Just a dreamy song about if you want to be like others or have your own identity and your own opinion.
9. “Ring My Bells” – Love! Again! In this song I just enjoy the relationships. I just don’t care about other world as when I am with you time stops, and I see only you!
10. “Until We Land” – The same story as in “Ring My Bells”. And I am thankful that Ralfs helped me to fulfil the story. This song is a happy end.