Let the children sing — and that includes the ones in Serbia. Today the country’s state broadcaster RTS confirmed that it will participate in this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Sofia, Bulgaria.

This brings the number of countries that have confirmed participation up to 15.

It is not known how Serbia will choose their act, but it is expected that the broadcaster will sound off on the issue soon.

Last year they went for an internal selection and chose then 14-year-old Emilija Djonin. Her emotional ballad “Svet u Mojim Ocima” received 61 points in Malta and finished 10th overall.

Serbia has finished third on two occasions — with Nevena Bozovic in 2007 and with Sonja Skoric in 2010.

Follow all of our Junior Eurovision news here

Zackary Luchterhand
6 years ago

It was later announced on 28 August 2015, that HRT had not ruled out participation in Sofia and that a decision will be made in the coming weeks.

Mark
Mark
6 years ago

Hope that they’ll win. After a serious underrating of Emilija’s beautiful song, hope that they will achieve their best result yet and win or come 2nd. On participation countries numbers, I do not think that it is going to increase much. Maybe one or two if Germany or Hungary debut. Somehow I hope for Azerbaijani return… Sweden no, they have so much work to do on organisation of ESC and after crappy show in Malmo I expect them to do better, so I do not expect them to participate. San Marino, it would be nice, but I think they have… Read more »

Comi
Comi
6 years ago

I would suggest them to send Marija Serdar to JESC.

ECH
ECH
6 years ago

HELLO ALL AND WELCOME TO THE FIRST EUROVISION SOCIAL NETWORK!

Join us at http://www.eurovisionclubhouse.tk and let’s make world a better place! Games, forum, CHAT, custom smileys, RANKING of USERS, usergroups and admin permissions and much more! Join us!

WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU! #DISCOVER!!

Jo Mercado
Jo Mercado
6 years ago

If San Marino and Sweden both return, that’ll make it 17. If by miracle, Spain returns as the rumors stated, that’ll be 18. And if Germany and Hungary debuts, that’ll be a total of 20!

Roelof Meesters
Roelof Meesters
6 years ago

I’m happy. Butt when are are Germany and Hungary confirming there debuts? I mean Hungary was close to confirm, and Germany had an poll wich was won by the ones chosen that they must debut (Like me 🙂 ). Still 15 is a nice amount. I hope Sweden comes back, they where my favorite last year…

Deniz
Deniz
6 years ago

I am glad Jesc is popular again!

#MarioVision
#MarioVision
6 years ago

Thats great 🙂 So now we are going up to 15 participants countries! <3 🙂 Serbia has still never won the Junior Vision so the Serbs might be lucky to win this year 🙂 Or at least finish 2nd and succeed their best result to date 🙂 Serbia first debuted in the Junior Vision of 2005 {with Montenegro} & solo alone next year in 2006…Then Serbs took part in the JESC of 2007,2008,2009 & 2010 before withdrawing in the JESC of 2011,2012 & 2013 with returning finally last year in the JESC of Malta 🙂 Its really positive that this… Read more »

Daniel
Daniel
6 years ago

They were my favourite last year. So glad they are back!