Junior Eurovision 2015 is hurtling towards us and so far sixteen countries have confirmed their participation in the Eurovision Song Contest’s junior counterpart. The EBU have made no secret of their ambitions to get the number of participating countries up. When we look into our crystal ball we see (okay, we just really, really hope) for 18 countries, which would match the all-time high from 2004. It’s not unrealistic that we’ll get there. Multiple countries with active EBU membership have yet to appear in Junior Eurovision. Now we want to know which countries you most want to debut in Bulgaria in November 2015.

The following 21 nations are all active EBU members and consequently eligible to appear during the Junior Eurovision Song Contest should their national broadcaster wish to do so. It includes both big name countries from Eurovision – including Turkey, Iceland and Germany – and countries yet to debut in either Eurovision or Junior Eurovision like Algeria and Vatican City. We’re also including Australia for obvious reasons. (Many of us will be shocked if they don’t debut).

Note: We are aware that a number of countries on this list, including Estonia and Iceland, have already declined participation this year. And we also know that the head of JESC has Tweeted that he is holding out for potentially one more act. But we like to think that anything could happen. Australia, Israel and Turkey taking us to 19? WHY NOT?!

Junior Eurovision 2015 will take place in Sofia, Bulgaria on November 21st 2015.

You can vote for as many countries as you would like, but you can only vote once so make it count!

Vote in all of our polls here

AM Casablancas
AM Casablancas
4 years ago

vatican city! flawless, this is when I remembered why did I stopped the newsfeed from Wiwibloggs…

marie
marie
4 years ago

I want Spain to come back in Eurovision junior.
Spain was very competitive in this contest.

oooops
oooops
4 years ago

Vatican city has only 500 people, so I don’t think they will debut, and if they does, they probably use child artists from Italy

drag

Monaco
Slovakia
Turkey

JESCGermany15
JESCGermany15
4 years ago

It will be Australia, Croatia or Germany 🙂 I hope for my country but our channels here are stupid so I think Australia will be participating because Croatia keeps the money for Eurovision 2016 hopefully 🙂

Britz26

All the Arab states of course 😀

Eugene ESC UK
4 years ago

OFF TOPIC :- Il Volo has released their new Album “L’amore si muove”.

Also if you have not checked out Sam Smith’s new James Bond theme song “Writing’s on the Wall” from the new Bond film “Spectre” you really should, it’s a Wow. Now this is the standard of artist and song that the UK should be aiming at…………………winning material!!!! Only on Spotify, not on YouTube yet.

Eugene ESC UK
4 years ago

These are the stats on this year’s JESC :- Of the 40 countries that took part in ESC 2015, only 14 countries have confirmed for the JESC 2015 and 26 have not registered an interest………..………….yet!! Bulgaria and Ukraine did not take part in ESC 2015, but will take part in JESC 2015? It seems like mainly the Eastern European countries like to enter the JESC with 11 of the confirmed 16 considered Eastern European with only 5 not. Noticeable Absentees from the West :- ALL of Scandinavia :- Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. FOUR of the Big 5 :-… Read more »

Deniz
Deniz
4 years ago

Iceland, Finland, Estonia, Germany, Hungary and TURKEY would be cool.

Mei International
Mei International
4 years ago

haha Robyn…never participated in the Adult version but hey, this could be their big year in Junior!!

#Fi
#Fi
4 years ago

I would love to see Finland. There’s so many good child singers in Finland.

Mario EuroFan
Mario EuroFan
4 years ago

hehehe 😛 😉 So we are waiting for one more country to possibly confirm participation for Bulgaria’s Junior Vision but.. Sweden & Croatia are not listed on wikipedia as withdrawn countries from this year’s edition.. And we do not have a clue if this country will be either Germany{debuting} or Australia {as guest} or Israel {as William thinks so} I really wanted 4 my own country Greece to finally return to the contest after 7 whole years of absense since 2008 but this will not gonna happen at least this year.. I was expecting 4 this year to have more… Read more »

Robyn Gallagher
Admin

C’mon Libya!

Mario EuroFan
Mario EuroFan
4 years ago

Well i was just informed that the deadline 4 countries to confirm participation 4 the Junior Vision of Bulgaria will not be over on the last day of September as there are still negotiations taking place with 1 more country that most likely will join us too in Sofia this year.. 🙂
So it really looks like that we will possibly end up with 17 countries competing in this year’s contest 🙂
I wonder which country will actually be..
I really can’t guess..

Mario Euro.TrashFan (Crazy like Miss Sylvia Night! :)
Mario Euro.TrashFan (Crazy like Miss Sylvia Night! :)

**ICELAND**! <3 😀
But unfortunately i do not see the Icelanders debuting at least in this year's Junior Minion Vision though..
Most maybe this GreAtY scenario can happen next year 🙂