The national final: Spain. The first act to perform: Maverick. The closer: Electric Nana. The objective? To get to Eurovision 2016.
This morning RTVE has revealed the running order for Objetivo Eurovisión, Spain’s national selection for Eurovision which takes place on Monday, February 1. Fan favourites Barei and Xuso Jones will perform one after the other in spots two and three, followed by “Dias de alegria” singer Salvador Beltran and “La vida solo es una” starlet Maria Isabel.
In a show with just six acts, running order is less essential than at Eurovision — where more than two dozen acts perform in the final. Surely televoters and this year’s jurors — including Loreen, Edurne and Carlos Marin — will be able to remember each act.
Spain also announced that it will broadcast both semi-finals this year, letting Eurofans see all of the competition.
Objetivo Eurovisión: The Running Order
- Maverick – Un mundo mas feliz
- Barei – Say Yay!
- Xuso Jones – Victorious
- Salvador Beltran – Dias de alegria
- Maria Isabel – La vida solo es una
- Electric Nana – Now
Current poll standings
With just four days to go until Spain’s final, our fan poll is heating up. As of January 28 at 1130 GMT, our readers had cast a total of 2,935 votes. And the majority of them are saying yay! That’s because “Say Yay” singer Barei has a commanding lead with 41% of all votes cast. She’s followed by “Victorious” singer Xuso Jones. Don’t like the result? Then you better vote.
- Barei – Say Yay 1,197 votes, 40.78%
- Xuso Jones – Victorious 616 votes, 20.99%
- María Isabel – La vida sólo es una 533 votes, 18.16%
- Electric Nana – Now 348 votes, 11.86%
- Salvador Beltrán – Días de alegría 153 votes, 5.21%
- Maverick – Un mundo más feliz 88 votes, 3%