The glitz and glamour of Sanremo 2016 continued tonight as the remaining 10 Big Artists (Campioni) performed their entries to the viewers for the very first time. We were also treated to guest performances from Eros Ramazzotti and Ellie Goulding as well an appearance from Nicole Kidman. Several hours later, we now know the results from the second night.

Same as yesterday, the hosts revealed the Top 6 acts and the Bottom 4 acts, which were determined by a combination of televoting and the press jury. However, the acts were all revealed in a random order, so we don’t know their exact positions. All of tonight’s performances can be found on the official Sanremo website.

Sanremo’s Top 6

Clementino – “Quando sono lontano”
Annalisa – “Il diluvio universale”
Valerio Scanu – “Finalmente piove”
Francesca Michielin – “Nessun grado di separazione”
Elio e le Storie Tese – “Vincere l’odio”
Patty Pravo – “Cieli immensi”

Sanremo’s Bottom 4

Alessio Bernabei – “Noi siamo infinito”
Neffa – “Sogni e nostalgia”
Dolcenera – “Ora o mai più”
Zero Assoluto – “Di me e di te”

The third evening of Sanremo 2016 is cover night, where all 20 Campioni participants performed their own rendition to an existing hit single.

FOLLOW ALL OUR ITALY EUROVISION 2016 NEWS.

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

These are the current iTunes chart positions in Italy of the 20 entries. It is very interesting, but may not necessarily have too much baring on who wins on Saturday of course :-

01 Valerio Scanu
43 Dear Jack
62 Neffa
67 Irene Fornaciari

DiamonDollar97xx
DiamonDollar97xx
5 years ago

I was expecting more from Annalisa… I can agree that this song is a big disappointment from both sides…. Live & also studio…. Out of these all performers Im choosing Lorenzo Fragola for Stockholm.. He’s nice, with a great song, great voice, he has charisma and he’s jist that type of artist that is very suitable for Italy.. A sweet handsome young boy singing such a powerful ballad.. What else needed?

BlandZebra
BlandZebra
5 years ago

Thanks EugeneESCUK! Fingers crossed she’ll take the ESC invite if she wins San Remo! 🙂

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

BlandZebra :- Whilst I’m here……………it’s a song contest, but as far the ESC is concerned, the artist is invited to take part in the ESC, but is not obliged to take part. The artist does not also have to use the song that won Sanremo either, but it is usually the case and I think it will be this year.

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

Ct_greece :- And I was referring to your last 2 lines. My original comment had NOTHING to do with the UK.

If you think Eros Ramazzotti is a world-wide star bigger than Ellie Goulding the good for you, but I beg to differ. It is not relevant or important as far as I am concerned in the context of what I have written.

Moving on…………………….

BlandZebra
BlandZebra
5 years ago

If Annalisa wins is that the song she would take the Eurovision or can she pick another? How does it traditionally work?

I do love the song but does take a few listens to appreciate. She’s a true talent and have enjoyed all her work to date.

ct_greece
ct_greece

@ Eugene

You asked how many people know him worldwide. Don’t get angry 🙂

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

Ct_greece :- You have missed my point TOO…………………….I was talking about the SONG!!!!

It was not written by Ellie Goulding, but she sang it!!! It’s not even British, it’s a Max Martin!!

How many times??? I guess people read what they want and not what is actually written!! Lost in translation maybe?

The point was “Love me like you do” and not Ellie Goulding!! Comprende? It was about quality of song!! Never mind!!

ct_greece
ct_greece
5 years ago

“The two best songs of the night”: I obviously mean Valerio Scanu, not “Francesco”. Sorry for the typo! “Finalmente piove” is probably the song I want to win.

ct_greece
ct_greece
5 years ago

Annalisa’s song is a big disappointment in both the live and the studio version. I don’t see how it can win. Dolcenera was definitely the best performer of the night (closely followed by Francesca) even she should have chosen better material. Her song was all over the place. Still, she deserved to be in the top-6. The two best songs of the night: Francesco and Patti Pravo. Francesco’s song is probably better than Giovanni e Deborah that was my first night’s favourite. As for Patti Pravo, the voice is obviously not there any more, so it’s difficult to appreciate what… Read more »

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

Dutchie :- You are TOTALLY missing my point, but never mind…………………I got yours!!

dutchie
dutchie

@eugene
Well, if I just speak about my own country, Eros Ramazzotti is way more famous than Ellie Goulding… at least among people above 18 years old.

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

Dutchie :- I was not referring to Star Quality, but yes of course, but how many know him world-wide? I was referring to a current huge International chart hit to distinguish the difference in the music really.

dutchie
dutchie

@eugene
They brought on Eros Ramazzotti to highlight the huge difference in star quality with Ellie Goulding…

Annalisa had an interesting song, rhythmically the lyrics didn’t really seem to fit but who am I to judge Italian lyrics.

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

I think the problem in Sanremo was the live performances and the live orchestra. If you listen to the official studio recordings I think you will appreciate how really good some of these songs sound. Sometimes with the Italian songs you need to hear them more than once and for the ESC they will use the studio backing track anyway. It is quite weird but 5 or 6 sound very similar and a few soound almost exactly the same. I put together what I think are the Top 9 songs in this playlist, they are all the Official videos :-… Read more »

MarioMario
5 years ago

I loved Elio last time they competed, but their song is a MESS this year. Sanremo has preferential seats for older people, for sure. Dolcenera and Alessio shouldn’t have been in the bottom 4.

Competition is weaker than last year for sure, basically due to the excess of very similar ballads.

My favorite songs

1. Annalisa.
2. Arisa.
3. Valerio.
4. Dear Jack.
5. Alessio.
6. Caccamo e Iurato
7. Fragola

Italy would do well in ESC with any of these

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

My bottom four would have been :-
Patty, Clementino, Neffa and Elio

I’d guess it’s out of :-
Annalisa, Giovanni and Deborah, Lorenzo, Arisa and Valerio.

Here’s the official reprieve of yesterday :-

jowncarlo
jowncarlo
5 years ago

Any of these six would be fine for me:
Lorenzo Fragola
Francesca Michielin
Valerio Scanu
Annalisa
Arisa
Giovanni Caccamo & Deborah Iurato

mad-professor
mad-professor
5 years ago

How were Patty Pavro, Elio e i storie tese or Clementino better than ANY of the acts who are at risk? Not that the bottom 4 were fantastic, but they were certainly better than those 3!

My guess is it’ll be between Lorenzo, Annalisa, Arisa, and Giovanni and Deborah.

Paul D
Paul D
5 years ago

So disappointed that Dolcenera was in the bottom ! Together with Annalisa they were my favourites … oh well
Overall, I much prefered last years Sanremo, so many great songs. But as they can choose a song outside Sanremo there’s still hope for an amazing song and #JusticeForIlVolo lol

Loo
Loo
5 years ago

Lorenzo still has the best song. It’s a winner!

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

Forgot to say that Annalisa’s song is now on my ECS 2016 -Best of so far Playlist on YouTube.

@EugeneESCUK
5 years ago

Well that was disappointing!! We got variety but not the best sort. That was worse than yesterday. Generally poor songs and then Ellie Goulding comes on and sings “Love me like you do” a current super hit just to highlight the huge difference in quality. There is no wow in all 20 songs for me and again only two songs worth mentioning from Annalisa and Valerio and after all the excitement Annalisa’s song was definitely good, but I would not say it is a wow and it needs a few listens too to get it, which could be a problem.… Read more »

FlorynRomania
FlorynRomania
5 years ago

Annalisa will win <3 , is so beautiful and a very great singer !!!