Only 18 acts remain in Hungary’s A Dal 2016, the country’s search for its Eurovision 2016 representative. Nine of them will take to the stage during the first semi-final tonight. But only four can make it through to the 27 February final. Who deserves to be a finalist? We asked you earlier in the week, and the results are in.
Eurovision veteran and A Dal 2014 winner, Kállay Saunders easily topped the poll with his band and their entry “Who We Are”. The rock outfit picked up an impressive 203 votes or 31.67% of all votes cast.
Kállay Saunders Band “Who We Are”
Petruska comes a distant second with “Trouble In My Mind”. The winner of Heat Three earned 79 votes or 12.32% of all votes cast.
Petruska “Trouble In My Mind”
Third place goes to Gergö Oláh with “Gyöz a jó”. He managed to get 75 votes or 11.7% of all votes cast.
Gergö Oláh “Gyöz a jó”
Based on the poll, the last final spot should go to Mushu and “Uncle Tom”. The trio polled 68 votes or 10.61% of all votes cast.
Mushu “Uncle Tom”
Only four will make it through to the final. An initial round of voting will see three qualifiers progress, as determined by a mixture of jury and viewer scores. The fourth finalist will be chosen during a second round of 100% public voting. Viewers at home will be able to vote by SMS, via the app or online. In fact, those of you outside Hungary will also be able to vote on the official A Dal website.
A Dal 2016: Who should qualify from semi-final one? Poll results
You can see the complete results below. Only the four contestants will advance to the final. The contestants in italics are predicted to be eliminated (by our readers, anyway).
- Kállay Saunders Band “Who We Are” 31.67% (203 votes)
- Petruska “Trouble In My Mind” 12.32% (79 votes)
- Gergö Oláh “Gyöz a jó” 11.7% (75 votes)
- Mushu “Uncle Tom” 10.61% (68 votes)
- Reni Tolvai “Fire” 9.67% (62 votes)
- Karmapolis & Böbe Szécsi “Hold On To” 8.89% (57 votes)
- Szilvia Agárdi “It Is Love” 7.64% (49 votes)
- Benji “Kötéltánc” 5.46% (35 votes)
- B The First “You Told Me That You Loved Me” 2.03% (13 votes)
Total Votes: 641
Wiwi Jury A Dal 2016 SEMI-FINAL ONE Reviews and rankings
The Wiwi Jury—our in-house panel of music un-professionals— has reviewed all nine acts in tonight’s first semi-final. We agree with the readers that Gergö and the Kállay Saunders Band should make the final. However, we’ve opted for Reni Tolvai and Benji ahead of Petruska and Mushu. You can check out our full ranking below. Click on the song titles to read our reviews.
- Gergö Oláh – “Gyöz a jó” (8.2)
- Kállay Saunders Band – “Who We Are” (7.4)
- Benji – “Kötéltánc” (7.32)
- Reni Tolvai – “Fire” (7.14)
- Petruska – “Trouble in My Mind” (6.39)
- Mushu – “Uncle Tom” (6.23)
- Karmapolis & Böbe Szécsi – “Hold On To” (5.8)
- Szilvia Agárdi – “It Is Love” (5.44)
- B The First – “You Told Me You Loved Me” (4.72)
Do you agree with the poll results? Are your favourites in the mix? Let us know below.