It’s getting tense at Supernova 2016, with Latvia’s national selection now at the semi-final stage. Twelve songs have already been cast aside, with last year’s finalists ElectroFolk among the victims. With Markus Riva, Samanta Tina and Justs all still in the running, we could be in for a shock elimination as eight become four.
As per usual, the public will put through two acts whilst the jury will save a further two. So far the public has voted for Justs, Catalepsia, Markus Riva and MyRadiantU. Justs won the first televote with nearly 40% of the vote, but whether he
will be able to keep that up against another strong male performer in Markus remains to be seen.
The Wiwi Jury suggests that Justs, Markus, MyRadiantU and Marta Grigale should make it through. That leaves no place for Samanta Tina, but the Latvian jury has suggested they would save her two weeks in a row. Social media was fairly surprised by Samanta’s outfit choice – will she have toned it down by this week?
Update: LTV have now released the full running order for the semi-final. In an interesting note, the two favourites, Justs and Markus Riva, will open the show. You can find the full running order below, and you can also find the full Wiwi Jury rankings next to each song.
Supernova 2016: Semi Final Lineup
- Justs – “Heartbeat” (Wiwi Jury: 1st, 8.3)
- Markus Riva – “I Can” (Wiwi Jury: 2nd, 7.23)
- Samanta Tina – “The Love is Forever” (Wiwi Jury: 6th, 4.7)
- Catalepsia – “Damnation” (Wiwi Jury: 8th, 3.87)
- Marta Grigale – “Choices” (Wiwi Jury: 4th, 5.97)
- Ivo Grisninš Grislis – “We are the Light” (Wiwi Jury: 5th, 5.83)
- MyRadiantU – “We Will Be Stars” (Wiwi Jury: 3rd, 6.8)
- Marta Ritova – “Not From This World” (Wiwi Jury: 7th, 4.47)
You can watch Supernova on LTV’s website. Just as in the two heats, the online voting is open to international viewers too. Simply go to the Supernova portal once voting opens and log in with a social media account. Not only that, but you get to watch the Riga Beaver live too!