It’s been six weeks and there’s no sign of Ireland’s Nicky Byrne budging from the top spot. Of the 7,900 votes cast since Monday 22 February, “Sunlight” received 2,136 votes or 27.04% of all votes cast. This is up from 1,922 last week. Perhaps his well-received performance at Ukraine’s national final has reinvigorated fans.
Nicky Byrne “Sunlight”
There’s no change at two, as Spain’s Barei finishes runner-up for the third time. The “Say Yay!” singer attracted 1,312 votes or 26.13% of all votes cast. With her week-on-week support dropping ever so slightly, will she ever make it to number one?
Barei “Say Yay!”
Ukraine’s Jamala lands at three. “1944” and its subject matter has made headlines across the globe, but none of that seems to have affected its popularity. The country’s comeback song achieved 1,126 votes or 14.25% of all votes cast, making it the highest polling new entry since “Say Yay!” picked up 1,655 votes on its debut.
We’ve another newcomer at four in the form of Iceland’s Greta Salóme with “Hear Them Calling”. The Eurovision veteran polled 672 votes or 8.51% of all votes cast.
Greta Salóme “Hear Them Calling”
Cyprus’ Minus One round out the top five. “Alter Ego” managed 575 votes or 7.28% of all votes cast.
Minus One “Alter Ego”
Elsewhere, Italy’s Francesca Michielin overtakes Austria’s Zoë to finish sixth. Bosnia & Herzegovina’s Dalal & Deen feat. Ana Rucner and Jala enter at eight. Malta’s Ira Losco sneaks back ahead of Albania’s Eneda Tariffa by four votes, while Georgia’s Nika Kocharov & Young Georgian Lolitaz replace Belarus’ IVAN in last place.
As always, the slate will be wiped clean when we relaunch the poll on Sunday 28 February. Our current 15 will be joined by songs from Germany, the United Kingdom, Moldova, Hungary, Finland, Norway, Slovenia and Latvia.
What do you think of the current standings? Does Ireland deserve to be at number one for a sixth week? Who’s your Eurovision 2016 favourite? Let us know below.
Your Eurovision favourites on 25 February (15 acts)
- Ireland: Nicky Byrne “Sunlight” 27.04% (2,136 votes)
- Spain: Barei “Say Yay!” 16.61% (1,312 votes)
- Ukraine: Jamala “1944” 14.25% (1,126 votes)
- Iceland: Greta Salóme “Hear Them Calling” 8.51% (672 votes)
- Cyprus: Minus One “Alter Ego” 7.28% (575 votes)
- Italy: Francesca Michielin “Nessun grado di separazione” 5% (395 votes)
- Austria: Zoë “Loin d’ici” 4.78% (378 votes)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: Dalal & Deen feat. Ana Rucner and Jala “Ljubav Je” 3.56% (281 votes)
- Switzerland: Rykka “The Last Of Our Kind” 3.14% (248 votes)
- Malta: Ira Losco “Chameleon” 2.15% (170 votes)
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa “Përrallë” (Fairytale) 2.1% (166 votes)
- Denmark: Lighthouse X “Soldiers Of Love” 2.09% (165 votes)
- Belgium: Laura Tesoro “What’s The Pressure” 1.89% (149 votes)
- Belarus: Ivan “Help You Fly” 0.91% (72 votes)
- Georgia: Nika Kocharov & Young Georgian Lolitaz “Midnight Gold” 0.7% (55 votes)
YOUR FAVOURITES ON 19 FEBRUARY (11 ACTS)
- Ireland: Nicky Byrne “Sunlight” 32.78% (1,922 votes)
- Spain: Barei “Say Yay!” 26.13% (1,532 votes)
- Austria: Zoë “Loin d’ici” 9.45% (554 votes)
- Italy: Francesca Michielin “Nessun grado di separazione” 7.35% (431 votes)
- Switzerland: Rykka “The Last Of Our Kind” 5.63% (330 votes)
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa “Përrallë” (Fairytale) 4.01% (235 votes)
- Malta: Ira Losco “Chameleon” 3.84% (225 votes)
- Denmark: Lighthouse X “Soldiers Of Love” 3.65% (214 votes)
- Belgium: Laura Tesoro “What’s The Pressure” 2.85% (167 votes)
- Georgia: Nika Kocharov & Young Georgian Lolitaz “Midnight Gold” 2.18% (128 votes)
- Belarus: Ivan “Help You Fly” 2.13% (125 votes)
Total Votes: 5,863
Your favourites on 12 February (6 Acts)
- Ireland: Nicky Byrne “Sunlight” 61.31% (4,249 votes)
- Spain: Barei “Say Yay!” 23.88% (1,655 votes)
- Malta: Ira Losco “Chameleon” 5.5% (381 votes)
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa “Përrallë” (Fairytale) 3.3% (229 votes)
- Belgium: Laura Tesoro “What’s The Pressure” 3.28% (227 votes)
- Belarus: Ivan “Help You Fly” 2.73% (189 votes)
Total Votes: 6,930
YOUR FAVOURITES ON 1 FEBRUARY (5 ACTS)
- Ireland: Nicky Byrne “Sunlight” 53.25% (3,083 votes)
- Malta: Ira Losco “Chameleon” 24.08% (1,394 votes)
- Belgium: Laura Tesoro “What’s The Pressure” 8.1% (469 votes)
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa “Përrallë” (Fairytale) 7.89% (457 votes)
- Belarus: Ivan “Help You Fly” 6.68% (387 votes)
Total Votes: 5,790
YOUR FAVOURITES ON 22 JANUARY (3 ACTS)
- Ireland: Nicky Byrne “Sunlight” 42.99% (668 votes)
- Belgium: Laura Tesoro “What’s The Pressure” 31.02% (482 votes)
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa “Përrallë” (Fairytale) 25.99% (404 votes)
Total Votes: 1,554
YOUR FAVOURITES ON 17 JANUARY (2 ACTS)
- Ireland: Nicky Byrne “Sunlight” 58.08% (762 votes)
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa “Përrallë” (Fairytale) 41.92% (550 votes)
Total Votes: 1,312
You dont have a right to talk like that especially to Nicky..!! Can you sing, are you perfect..??
Even tough Nicky cant Win he will Remain Winner in our Hearht in our mind..!!
Irelands song gets worse everytime i listen to it… sorry. He is soooo cute, but that is all. A definite non-qualifier.
You people need to calm down seriously, why such a fuss – it is just a fun poll, nothing more. It happens EVERY year that 1 country leads the poll but in the end that doesn’t represent the real Eurosong voting, so what? It is just that this year is different because Nicky has A LOT of devoted fans, you obviously underestimate them. Westlife has nearly 7 million followers on Facebook, Nicky has 400K Twitter followers – it only takes 1000 votes to get him to no. 1, that is not hard to do.
srsly? do someone believe this sh*t? pardon me for the harsh words but I saw the poll 24 hrs after it started and he was somewhere in 4th position (I’d dare to say it was EVEN LOWER), and how the heck it ends up doubling the score from having less than half of the votes from the number one at that time, and he doubles the score of the winner within hours? Wiwibloggs, you need to fix this sheez, because it definitively gives your blog low credibility, start checking for clickfarms because some random irish guy (on the Nick Birne’s… Read more »
Too early to make assumptions. Just 1/3 of songs revealed. Few of them will be revamped. No hints of stagings bar Iceland.
Those I like: Switzerland, Spain, Cyprus, Albania.
Unfortunately for Ireland, the odds/youtube tops,etc are not favouring Nicky’s song at this time. Wiwi polls had Georgia in the lead last year and Ireland the year before…look how that turned out. My top 5 for now (with 16 acts):
3) Malta (will change if song changed)
4) Italy (ditto)
What on earth!!!!? Ireland song is average at very best and shouldn’t be anywhere near the top. I love Ireland but not their song. Albania is my no.1
You know what I see, people who are jealous of Ireland’s winning song. Haha, you song’s are not even as good, like WTF Jamala (Ukraine) That’s just ridiculous. The fact is that Ireland has the best song! His preformance was way better than Barei’s by the way and I’m from France too! Salut!
Minus One is now my favourite
To be fair to Ireland, their original and first posted video was erased by RTE which has 160k views. Adding that views to the Sunlight video that we see now posted by Nickybyrneoffic. The total would be about more or less 300k views
Due to the constant hijacking of these polls, I’ve researched YouTube tops, aiming for a better perspective. I know they aren’t 100% reliable, but neither are these polls, so why not? From Monday night to yesterday, I’ve compiled the results of all the 119 “top 15″‘s in YouTube, including Përrallë, Chameleon and Nessun grado di separazione, in an “aggregate positions” rank and a “1 to 12 points” rank: 1. Spain, 444 (966p) – 2. Iceland 496 (890p) – 3. Cyprus 583 (762p) – 4. Italy 629 (736p) – 5. Austria 772 (595p) – 6. Ukraine 823 (570p) – 7. Switzerland… Read more »
This is just becoming ridiculous now.
funny how he keeps topping this poll when in all the youtube top … so far videos he keeps coming near the bottom 😉
The poll is just for fun anyway. Does not mean it connotes to something official even if a lot of fans from particular countries are abusing it.
QUE PENA QUE ESTA ENCUESTA NO TENGA CREDIBILIDAD GRACIAS A QUE SOLO LA GENTE POR REGIONALISMO VOTA POR EL PROPIO, DEBERIAN EN SU CONCIENCIA SOLO VOTAR POR PAISES AJENOS Y ASI PREDCIR REALMENTE QUIEN ES EL FAVORITO, AME A WEST LIFE PERO NICKY NO CANTA BIEN EN VIVO, DESAFINA Y SU VOZ NO TIENE POTENCIA EN FIN YA SE VERA EL 14 DE MAYO
Albania is far too low, somehow below the crappy rap from B&H??
I haven’t heard anyone say Ireland was their favourite since it was only the battle between Albania and Ireland. Spain and Italy are by far my favourites (no bias intended) however I’m always seeing Spain, Iceland, Ukraine first.
Honestly surprised to see Ireland on top this year. Usually Spanish fans take over the poll every year.
Why are you all so shocked that Nicky is winning? It is very simple. Spain may be no. 1 in the beginning but when Nicky’s fans see that he is losing, they urge others to vote even more. I doubt this poll is rigged, it has nothing to do with that. it is just that Nicky has a large fanbase due to his famous status. Of course this doesn’t show the true picture but these polls never do that anyway. It isn’t really that much about the song, it is about the country and sometimes about the person.
So strange that he leads with that amount of votes when the song in general is not appreciated that much to win… And indeed, Spain used to be miles ahead in the first days when the poll was opened..
From these 15 songs from 15 countries, only Ukraine have small chance for win the contest, and maybe Malta when they change the song, becuase Malta always had good suport from juries at Eurovision, like Sweden, Azerbaijan, and Lithuania in many semifnial.
LOL @MGR sayng this is the last contest. It’ll continue due to ratings and revenue….not song quality.
This contest is very weak this year, but still the best eurovision countries still have to pick their song so there’s hope. (Norway, Finland, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Russia, The Netherlands?, Germany, france and Australia)
Austria started as a big favorite now is losing some steam
Iceland as the big favorite if ESC should be celebrated today
Ireland has a bland song this year… definetly not a winner. Spain is the best so far
I think Eurovision is finished and this will be the last edition of this contest. This is the last chance for all countries to good present themselves in May.
12.Albania (we wait new version in english)
14.Malta (they wili change the song)
Either this or Zoe is still my winner!
Every year on top on this bloggs in TOP 5 are Ireland, Georgia ,Armenia, Azerbaijan and Malta
georgia is my 5! why anybody likes it? hahahah #ForeverAlone
I wish there was some way to get a more accurate result – because I’m pretty sure Ireland is not anywhere near that popular (actually i’m like 99% sure) , but I understand it’s difficult to get a more representative view. :/
When I voted, Spain was miles ahead!
Hahahaha this iz exatly my Top!
He’s hot, I loved him!
The song is not bad, but it’s a little flat and bland. Anyway, I hope Ireland will qualify and place well. 🙂
Yes, boring and out of tune with zero stage presence now considered ‘well recieved’ 😉
I can say that my vote for Ukraine is accurate cause I live in Germany. But of course all tops are just voted by fan-base and shouldn`t be taken to seriously.
Molly was No. 1 last year and the unbeatable favorite on polls here back in 2014 were Cann Lin feat. Kasey Smith.
Irish die-hard fans!!!
Surprise, surprise, surprise.
“his well-received performance at Ukraine’s national final has reinvigorated fans.” LMAO!!!
Yeah, okay! Let’s go with that!
I feel bad for person who has to keep writing these article when it’s clearly not accurate result shame with the effort put in. I would say Ireland and Spain very innacurate, Ukraine too maybe. 😉
lol @ this poll
Georgia in last place looks sensational