The hype surrounding Molly Sandén has been non-stop since November and tonight she’ll finally show us if it’s justified during Semi-Final 4 of Melodifestivalen 2016. Following endless rumours of a return, then a bookies fan wank and then the pre-mature leak of her song “Youniverse,” Molly remains at the front of everyone’s minds.
So it isn’t exactly a surprise that, when we asked you who had the best 30-second rehearsal snippet, you threw your weight behind Miss Danny Saucedo, err, Molly. She earned a staggering 38% of all votes in our 24-hour flash poll. wiwibloggers Padraig, Sami and William were not impressed with her snippet — see their reaction video below — but you threw your love behind her anyway.
- Molly Sandén with “Youniverse” 38.25% (236 votes)
- Dolly Style with “Rollercoaster” 18.96% (117 votes)
- Frans with “If I Were Sorry” 13.94% (86 votes)
- Panetoz with “Håll Om Mig Hårt” 12.16% (75 votes)
- Eclipse with “Runaways” 7.46% (46 votes)
- Linda Bengtzing with “Killer Girl” 6.65% (41 votes)
- Martin Stenmarck with “Du Tar Mig Tillbaks” 2.58% (16 votes)
Total votes: 617
Melodifestivalen Club: Audience poll
Of course, it’s hard to judge acts 100% accurately based on short snippets. Thankfully Sweden’s Melodifestivalen club conducts an audience poll after the dress rehearsal every Friday evening. Their results paint a very different picture, suggesting that Molly isn’t sitting so pretty. (And part of that may be because her “wind machines” — aka household fans — are visible at the front of the stage — WTF?).
Based on their results it’s teen dream Frans who will storm to victory — and in a landslide.
- Frans – If I Were Sorry: 226 votes (52.2%)
- Molly Sanden – YOUniverse: 62 votes (14.3%)
- Panetoz – Håll Om Mig Hårt: 53 votes (12.2%)
- The Eclipse – Runaways: 35 votes (8%)
- Dolly Style – Rollercoaster: 34 votes (7.9%)
- Martin Stenmarck – Du Tar Mig Tillbaks: 12 votes (3%)
- Linda Bengtzing – Killer Girl: 10 votes (2.3%)
Based on the audience poll, Molly would finish second — though Panetoz is very close behind, suggesting they could force her to Andra Chansen. The Eclipse would fill the other Second Chance spot — pushing Dolly Style, Martin Stenmarck and Linda Bengtzing out of the competition.