It’s hard to believe that we now have all 43 songs for Eurovision 2016. This year, the national finals were plentiful — and in most cases the standard pretty high. After surviving Lithuania’s Eurovizijos and picking our jaws off the floor following Poland’s Krajowe Eliminacje, the team at wiwibloggs got together to decide our collective favourites. Votes were cast and the totals have been tallied, and we can now reveal our favourites…
In honour of one of the most controversial national final seasons of all time, we have to go even further than we did last year. We’ll be listing our team’s top 40 national final songs from the season, with songs from 18 different countries having made this year’s list. Please note: We have excluded all winners. This poll is only for songs that did not win the national final in their respective countries.
You can click on the name of each artist to read our Wiwi Jury review of the song (where available), written ahead of each song’s national selection contest.
40. “We Are Your Tomorrow” — David Lindgren (Sweden)
39. “The Wrong Kind” — Veronicas Illusion (Denmark)
38. “Don’t Wake Me Up” — Tuuli Okkonen (Finland)
37. “Rollercoaster” — Dolly Style (Sweden)
36. “Behind the Shadows” — Florena (Romania)
35. “Leading Me Home” — Erica Jennings (Lithuania)
34. “Now” / “Augnablik” — Alda Dis (Iceland)
33. “Faller” — Krista Siegfrids (Sweden)
32. “Irresistible” — Doinita Gherman (Moldova)
31. “Masters of Chant” — Gregorian (Germany)
That’s our first ten acts from the national final season out of the way then – do you agree with where these songs placed? Who do you think is still in with a shot of winning? Let us know in the comments section or on our Twitter and Facebook pages!