Armenia’s Iveta Mukuchyan set us on fire with a seriously hot performance of “LoveWave”, whilst Sergey Lazarev showed why Russia is the favourite to win the entire contest. Unsurprisingly, both countries made it to the final once again, along with eight other countries. But that meant eight had to go home. Malta’s Ira Losco, who gave us pregnancy diva realness and for the first time in their history, the Czech Republic have made it to the Eurovision grand final thanks to Gabriela Guncikova.
Unfortunately, that meant we had to say goodbye to eight countries in the process, including – for the first times ever – Greece and Bosnia & Herzegovina failing to qualify. If you missed the results, then where were you? Thankfully, we have all the qualifiers for semi-final one below.
Semi-Final One Qualifiers:
- Azerbaijan: Samra with “Miracle”
- Russia: Sergey Lazarev with “You Are the Only One”
- Netherlands: Douwe Bob with “Slow Down”
- Hungary: Freddie with “Pioneer”
- Croatia: Nina Kraljic with “Lighthouse”
- Austria: Zoë with “Loin d’ici”
- Armenia: Iveta Mukuchyan with “LoveWave”
- Czech Republic: Gabriela Guncikova with “I Stand”
- Cyprus: Minus One with “Alter Ego”
- Malta: Ira Losco with “Walk on Water”
Did not qualify
(Acts listed in performance order)
- Finland: Sandhja with “Sing It Away”
- Greece: Argo with “Utopian Land”
- Moldova: Lidia Isac with “Falling Stars”
- San Marino: Serhat with “I Didn’t Know”
- Estonia: Jüri Pootsmann with “Play”
- Montenegro: Highway with “Real Thing”
- Iceland: Greta Salóme with “Hear Them Calling”
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: Deen & Dalal with “Ljubav je”
During the show, we also saw snippets of the performances from three of the automatic qualifiers. France’s Amir, Spain’s Barei and the host nation Sweden’s Frans each had a minute of their songs shown, giving them more exposure than ever before in the semi finals. The full performances can also be viewed on eurovision.tv.
Make sure to check out our Youtube channel, wiwi.tv for all the news from the semi-final one winners press conference, as well as all the information on the running order draws as they take place live.