She delivered one of the most expensive and glittering performances of Junior Eurovision 2015, replete with contemporary dancing and shards of glass all over her stunning gown.
And over the weekend Russian teen Kamilla Ismailova added another dazzling clip to her showreel as she and her group EY’VA shared first place at New Wave Junior 2016.
Going strong for nine years, and typically held in Artek, Crimea, the contest is perhaps the most prestigious kids music festival in the world.
This year 15 finalists from ten countries battled for the trophy, including plenty of Junior Eurovision stars. In addition to Kamilla, the stage welcomed Maria-Daniela Trachtenberg — from Ukraine’s national selection in 2013 — and Maria Mirova — a participant in Russia’s national selection last year.
The list of jurors and invited guests was a who’s who of Russian pop: Dima Bilan, Sergey Lazarev, Filipp Kirkorov, Nyusha, Nikolay Baskov, Yulianna Karaulova and many others.
The country’s recent Eurovision stars even performed their biggest hits together with the young singers. Handsome men who love children? Ladies, get ready to swoon…
But of course the main intrigue remained the contest itself, with Alexey Zabugin and group “EY’VA” — both from Russia — sharing the top prize and winning the “Crystal Wave” statue.
New Wave Junior 2016: Results
1. Alexey Zabugin (Russia) and “EY’VA” (Russia)
2. Eila Mangion (Malta), Mikhail Grigoryan (Armenia)
3. Zhanel Saduakas (Kazakhstan), Maria Mirova (Russia)
4. Anastasia Yachmenkina (Latvia)
5. Sofia Bondarenko (Ukraine)
6. Ruslana Panchishina (Belarus)
7. Nonna Egonyan (Russia), Daniil Yun (South Korea)
9. Milena Barcic (Abkhazia)
10. Veronika Inkiko (Kyrgyzstan)
11. Ilinca Dinu (Romania)
12. Maria-Daniela Trachtenberg (Ukraine)