Junior Eurovision 2016 is almost upon us. The main show is in less than a week and first rehearsals kick off tomorrow – squeal!
With the fun and games about to start in earnest, it’s the perfect time to pause and see who our readers are getting behind in our ongoing poll, “Who should win Junior Eurovision 2016?”.
Since 10 November, we’ve been asking y’all to vote for your favourites. And thousands of you have answered our call, with an impressive 6,067 votes already cast. The poll remains open for a while yet, but we’re going to take a sneaky peek at how the figures are currently stacking up.
Martija Stanojkovic “Love Will Lead Our Way”
FYR Macedonia’s past record at Junior Eurovision is nothing to write home about. But all that might be about to change in 2016, as Martija Stanojkovic currently sits atop the poll with “Love Will Lead Our Way”.
Praised by the Wiwi Jury for fusing “Balkan realness with Caribbean cool”, the entry has amassed a total of 899 votes, or 14.82% of all votes cast.
Zena Donnelly “Bríce ar Bhríce”
Ireland missed out on the top ten in its Junior Eurovision debut in 2015. But could 2016 be their year? Y’all certainly think so, placing Zena Donnelly and “Bríce Ar Bhríce” in the first runner-up slot in our poll.
Drawing Wiwi Jury comparisons to the heroine of Pixar’s Brave, Zena has picked up a total of 724 votes so far, or 11.93% of all votes cast.
Water of Life Project “Water of Life”
Your current top two spots may be occupied by Junior Eurovision minnows, but y’all have voted in one of the contest’s powerhouses at three — Russia’s Water of Life Project with “Water of Life”.
The Wiwi Jury has already branded the song a potential winner, and you lot appear to agree. Currently, 688 of you have sent votes Russia’s way, which amounts to 11.34% of all votes cast.
The rest of the pack remain a long way behind. Italy’s Fiamma Boccia and Albania’s Klesta Qehaja complete the top five, with 367 and 366 votes respectively.
Of course, all this is subject to change, and probably will change once rehearsals get underway.
The poll remains open until November 19 at 17:00 CET. You can vote for as many acts as you want, but you can vote only ONE time. So make it count! You can watch all of the acts in the playlist below.
You can also read all of our reviews by clicking here.
WHO WILL WIN JUNIOR EUROVISION 2016: CURRENT STANDINGS
Results accurate as of 12:00 CET on 14 November 2016
- FYR Macedonia: Martija Stanojkovi? “Love Will Lead Our Way” 14.82% (899 votes)
- Ireland: Zena Donnelly “Bríce ar Bhríce” 11.93% (724 votes)
- Russia: Water of Life Project “Water of Life” 11.34% (688 votes)
- Italy: Fiamma Boccia “Cara Mamma – Dear Mom” 6.05% (367 votes)
- Albania: Klesta Qehaja “Besoj” 6.03% (366 votes)
- Armenia: Anahit & Mary “Tarber” 5.85% (355 votes)
- Poland: Olivia Wieczorek “Nie zapomnij” 5.32% (323 votes)
- Serbia: Dunja Jeli?i? “U la la la” 5.03% (305 votes)
- Bulgaria: Lidia Ganeva “Magical Day” 4.78% (290 votes)
- Cyprus: George Michaelides “Dance Floor” 4.75% (288 votes)
- Netherlands: Kisses “Kisses and Dancin'” 4.73% (287 votes)
- Malta: Christina Magrin “Parachute” 4.55% (276 votes)
- Australia: Alexa Curtis “We Are” 3.97% (241 votes)
- Belarus: Alexander Minyonok “Musyka moih pobed” 3.36% (204 votes)
- Ukraine: Sofia Rol “Planet Craves For Love” 3.02% (183 votes)
- Georgia: Mariam Mamadashvili “Mzeo” 2.52% (153 votes)
- Israel: Shir & Tim “Follow My Heart” 1.94% (118 votes)