Last week RTP revealed the ambitions it has for Festival da Canção 2017 by revealing that three winners of The Voice will compete in Semi-Final 1.
And on Thursday the list of familiar names continued with the revelation of the 10 acts set for Semi-Final 2, which includes three more acts who competed on The Voice.
David Gomes made it to the live shows of the 2016 edition on Team Aurea, singing all the way to the quarter-finals. His unique style and magical voice were routinely praised by all the judges. His take on Beyoncé’s “Crazy in Love” — which he turns up by slowing down — has clocked more than two million hits on YouTube. That’s quantity for quality!
Beatriz Felício knows how to serve traditional fado for contemporary audiences. She made it to the knock-out rounds of the 2015 edition — showing Portugal that old and new fit perfectly.
Last week we had the 2015 winner and today we have the 2015 runner-up in Pedro Gonçalves. The 19-year-old singer and YouTuber stormed into The Voice with charm, stage presence and some killer vocals. His performance of Ed Sheeran’s “Give Me Love” has achieved more than one million views.
Below you can see the list of artists who have been drawn into both semi-finals. They are listed by the running order. The composers are listed in parentheses.
SEMIFINAL 1 – FEBRUARY 19
- Márcia (Márcia) – “Agora”
- Golden Slumbers (Samuel Úria) – “Para Perto”
- Fernando Daniel (Nuno Feist) – “Poema a Dois”
- Deolinda Kinzimba (Rita Redshoes) – “O que eu vi nos meus olhos”
- Rui Drumond (Héber Marques) – “O teu melhor”
- Lisa Garden (Pedro Saraiva) – “Without You”
- Salvador Sobral (Luísa Sobral) – “Amar pelos dois”
- Viva la Diva (Nuno Gonçalves) – “Nova Glória”
FESTIVAL DA CANÇÃO 2017: FERNANDO DANIEL
SEMIFINAL 2 – FEBRUARY 26
- David Gomes (Toli César Machado) – “My Paradise”
- Lena D’Água (Pedro Silva Martins) – “Nunca me fui embora”
- Beatriz Felício (Jorge Fernando)
- Pedro Gonçalves (João Pedro Coimbra) – “Don’t Walk Away”
- Helena Kendall (João Só)
- Celina da Piedade (Celina da Piedade) – “Primavera”
- Jorge Benvinda (Nuno Figueiredo)
- To be announced (David Santos – Noiserv) – Due to a car accident, it is unkown if Elisa Rodrigues will be able to perform in Festival da Canção.
After revealing the names of the artists for the first semi-final, RTP managed something they haven’t managed in a long time: They got people talking about Festival da Canção on social media.
Are you feeling the buzz today? Do you think that this is the year Portugal gets back into form? Let us know in the comments box below.