We are getting closer to finding out who will represent Finland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. Finland’s national selection Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2017 will take place on this Saturday. Our readers have been voting for their favourite(s) over the past week and now it’s time to go through the results.
Once again it’s Emma who came out on top. Earlier Emma was your early favourite to win the contest and y’all are still loving her “Circle of Light“. And even more than before — this time she got 40% of the 2213 total votes.
In second place is Lauri Yrjölä who is singing “Helppo elämä” — the only song in Finnish in this year’s UMK. In the early favourites poll Lauri finished third but has now climbed to the second spot. Lauri got 300 votes which is 14% of all the votes.
Lauri Yrjölä knocked Norma John from second place. The indie pop duo finished third this time with their dramatic “Blackbird“. They got 267 votes which is 12% of all the votes. 16-year-old Alva finished fourth with “Arrows” ahead of Zühlke and her “Perfect Villain“.
Emma didn’t just win our poll, but got the most votes in the online pre-vote too. Anyone in Finland could vote once for their favourite song for free on YLE’s website. Those votes will be added to the televote results on Saturday. My First Band finished second and Zühlke came third.
Poll results: Who should win Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK) 2017?
- Emma with “Circle of Light” 40% (889 votes)
- Lauri Yrjölä with “Helppo elämä” 14% (300 votes)
- Norma John with “Blackbird” 12% (276 votes)
- Alva with “Arrows” 9% (205 votes)
- Zühlke with “Perfect Villain” 6% (135 votes)
- Anni Saikku with “Reach Out For The Sun” 5% (120 votes)
- Günther & D’sanz with “Love Yourself” 5% (107 votes)
- My First Band with “Paradise” 4% (93 votes)
- Club La Persé with “My Little World” 4% (84 votes)
- Knucklebone Oscar & The Shangri-La Rubies with “Caveman” 1% (13 votes)
Photo: YLE, collage by wiwibloggs