Olá Portugal! Just like last week, Portuguese broadcaster RTP has brought us more old school instrumentation, more 90s fabulousness and four more acts qualified for the final in the Colosseum of Lisbon. Those four acts are Celina Da Piedade, Jorge Benvinda, Pedro Gonçalves and Lena D’Água.
After a year off, Portugal has said goodbye to the saudade and what we’ve seen in these two semifinals is a major step forward from the last editions of Festival da Canção. Those slick graphics and fancy postcards have brought Festival da Cançao into the 2010s (though which end of the decade is a matter for you to decide). But most of all, the contest is back in this decade thanks to our four qualifiers…
First to announce the points was the jury. They gave their 12 points to Celina da Piedade, 10 to Lena D’Água, 8 to Beea and 7 to Jorge Benvinda.
As for the public vote, the 7 points went to Celina da Piedade, the 8 points went to Helena Kendall, the 10 were for Jorge Benvinda and the 12 went to Pedro Gonçalves. Televote vs. jury drama!
So that means that the four finalists are Celina da Piedade, with “Primavera” (19 points); Jorge Benvinda, with “Gente Bestial” (17 points); Pedro Gonçalves, with “Don’t walk away” (16 points) and Lena D’Água, with “Nunca me fui embora” (14 points).
1. Celina da Piedade with “Primavera”
2. Jorge Benvinda with “Gente bestial”
3. Pedro Gonçalves with “Don’t walk away”
4. Lena D’Água with “Nunca me fui embora”
Festival da Canção – Finalists
After tonight’s show, the line up for the grand final of Festival da Canção is completed. The show will take place at Coliseu dos Recreios in Lisbon next Sunday.
- Fernando Daniel – “Poema à dois”
- Deolinda Kinzimba – “O que eu vi nos meus sonhos”
- Salvador Sobral – “Amar pelos dois”
- Viva La Diva – “Nova Glória”
- Lena D’Água – “Nunca me fui embora”
- Pedro Gonçalves – “Don’t walk away”
- Celina da Piedade – “Primavera”
- Jorge Benvinda – “Gente bestial”
Festival da Canção – Second Semi-final running order
- David Gomes (Toli César Machado) – “My Paradise”
- Lena D’Água (Pedro Silva Martins) – “Nunca me fui embora”
- Beatriz Felício (Jorge Fernando) – “Ao teu olhar”
- Pedro Gonçalves (João Pedro Coimbra) – “Don’t Walk Away”
- Helena Kendall (João Só) – “Andamos no Céu”
- Celina da Piedade (Celina da Piedade) – “Primavera”
- Jorge Benvinda (Nuno Figueiredo) – “Gente bestial”
- Inês Sousa (David Santos – Noiserv) – “Se o tempo não falasse”
Tonight’s four qualifiers will join the qualifiers from last week’s first semi-final in the grand final on March 5. The final will be held at Coliseu dos Recreios in Lisbon, and will be hosted by Sílvia Alberto and Catarina Furtado.
Who was your favourite tonight? Did you like the qualifiers? Who should have made it? Let us know in the comment section, and don’t forget to share your video reactions via our app!