Eight acts will compete in the grand final of Portugal’s Festival da Canção 2017, but only one can grab the golden ticket to Kyiv. To help you make an informed decision on who to pay attention to, the Wiwi Jury – our in-house panel of music unprofessionals – will preview and review each of this year’s acts. We’re ready to pick our favourite for Portgual!
Our jury for this edition consists of 14 jurors who come from Australia, Czech Republic, Morocco, New Zealand,Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Each juror assesses each song independently, and awards each song a score from 0 to 10. Before calculating the Wiwi Jury verdict, we drop the highest and lowest scores to reduce potential bias and outliers.
We’ll be unrolling these one by one over the coming days. You can read the completed reviews by clicking on the song title.
Festival da Canção 2017 reviews and rankings
- Salvador Sobral – “Amar pelos dois” (6.21)
- Celina da Piedade – “Primavera” (6.08)
- Pedro Gonçalves – “Don’t Walk Away” (5.88)
- Fernando Daniel – “Poema a dois” (5.79)
- Jorge Benvinda – “Gente bestial” (5.63)
- Deolinda Kinzimba – “O que eu vi nos meus sonhos” (5.54)
- Lena d’Água – “Nunca me fui embora” (4.46)
- Viva La Diva – “Nova glória” (4.29)