Sweden’s Robin Bengtsson took a ride on his treadmills. Australia’s Isaiah spun around. Montenegro’s Slavko whipped his hair back and forth. And they were just three of the nine acts who had their first rehearsals at Eurovision 2017 on Sunday. We asked you who had the best rehearsal. After counting 6,385 votes, we can now reveal that our readers think Azerbaijan‘s Dihaj won the day.
At the first rehearsal, Dihaj served edgy and avant-garde staging. The opening sees the singer in a small room of chalkboards, which feature the lyrics of her song. She serves face and writhes against the walls as she sings about her “Skeletons”.
Eventually the camera pans up and the audience sees a man in a suit wearing a horse head. The room soon collapses, Dihaj runs riot on the walls, and she expresses disdain for a series of male dancers by marking them with Xs. This is dark and artistic — and was one of the visual highlights of the day.
Dihaj has even been following the progress of the Wiwi Poll, and shared it with her fans in this Facebook post:
Shoots from #dihaj 1st rehearsal for #eurovision2017 in #kyiv, which is still number one according to Wiwibloggs Poll.
Dihaj took the top spot in our poll with 21.72% of the vote. In second place with 18.56% of the vote was Finland’s Norma John, who delivered Scandinavian gothic in their moving performance of “Blackbird”. In third place was Portugal’s Luisa Sobral with 14.03% of the vote. While she was only standing in for brother Salvador, Luisa was still able to capture the emotion of the “Amar pelos dois” staging.
Poll results: Who had the best first rehearsal of April 30?
- Azerbaijan: Dihaj, “Skeletons” 21.72% (1,387 votes)
- Finland: Norma John, “Blackbird” 18.56% (1,185 votes)
- Portugal: Luisa Sobral, “Amar pelos dois” 14.03% (896 votes)
- Sweden: Robin Bengtsson, “I Can’t Go On” 11.87% (758 votes)
- Albania: Lindita, “World” 11.73% (749 votes)
- Australia: Isaiah, “Don’t Come Easy” 7.31% (467 votes)
- Belgium: Blanche, “City Lights” 6.05% (386 votes)
- Georgia: Tamara Gachechiladze, “Keep the Faith” 4.7% (300 votes)
- Montenegro: Slavko Kalezic, “Space” 4.03% (257 votes)
What do you think? Did Dihaj deliver the best first rehearsal? Share your thoughts below!